Social Withdrawal Of Individual

The social withdrawal of an individual is known as staying away from friends and family. It causes damage in interpersonal levels and social relations in general. Social withdrawal of an individual is a negative symptom of schizophrenia. It is managed by communicating with family and friends.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am a 29-year-old male with poor memory and concentration issues. I avoid people due to this. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, I am suffering with poor memory and concentration problem. Because of that I remain less confident all the time. I try to avoid talking to people because of poor presence of mind. While talking sometimes I say something stupid and foolish without even realizing...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello Welcome to It does not matter what others think about you. Do not pay attention to what others are thinking and be assertive and confident. Doing Bhramari yoga daily shall help you to relax and focus. Also study in small shifts of half an hour followed by a rest of five minutes....  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to overcome ego problems at office.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. After completion of school and I did not join college for eight years. Then I joined a diploma course. My father consulted many psychiatrists to find out my problem. Unfortunately, I was admitted by one doctor in nursing home for around three months for treatment. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to After reading the history I can say that your main current issue is difficulty in continuing a job for long. You perform well in interviews and get selected for jobs but not able to continue the job. I want to know what kind of difficulties you face during the job? Wha...  Read Full »

My brother stopped talking to the family after an argument. How to approach him?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother refuses to talk to any of the family members after a difference of opinion about a car that he wants. He has gone so far as to say that the family refuses to let him grow as a person, whereas that is not the case. I, as his sister, have tried to get him to share his feelings...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth. B

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The best way at present would be to text him your concerns, explanation, and your opinion so that he reads and gets time to think it over. After texting, at last, quote that you all are concerned about him and would like to have a chat. The one among the family who...  Read Full »

How to know if my 4-year-old son is an autistic child?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 4 year old son, and I am a working woman. Recently, I took my son to a doctor to get him treated for a common cold. The doctor asked me about his communication skill as he has doubt that he might be having autism. My husband got angry hearing that there is something wrong with o...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Autistic children exhibit impaired social interaction, impaired language in social contacts, and repetitive behavior patterns. There is a spectrum of disorders ranging from mild to severe symptoms. It may be associated with mental retarda...  Read Full »

My son was diagnosed with ASPD. How do we deal with him?

Query: Hello doctor, My 23 year old son was diagnosed with ASPD. I have read that there in no cure. How do we deal with him? My local psychologist says he should be kept separate from the family to prevent him being parasitic. What should we do?  Read Full »

Dr. K. V. Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Antisocial personality disorder is a personality disorder. Those affected may lie, break laws, act impulsively and lack regard for their own safety or the safety of others. The ray of hope is that the symptoms may lessen with age. Therefore you should be always hopef...  Read Full »

I have headache, tiredness, stiff muscles, restlessness, mood disorder, social withdrawal, and unexplained sadness. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been facing mental health issues since four to five years like headache, tiredness, stiff muscles, restlessness, mood disorder, social withdrawal, and unexplained sadness. Can you please suggest something on this?  Read Full »

Dr. Bang Sachi Ashokkumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your complaints might be indicative of an underlying depression. Kindly consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and necessary treatment or therapy.  Read Full »

For how long suspected cases should be in isolation to prevent COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, my wife went to a beauty parlor being run in a flat in housing society. She got eyebrow trimming done by a lady. Later that lady informed my wife that her son has returned from a far country four to five days back. He was screened at the airport and advised to be in isolati...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The chances of transmission of Coronavirus is there to wife in the current described scenario. I suppose seven days have elapsed since her son has returned from the far country. So seven days are still left. Your wife should stay in another flat only in my opinion, for ...  Read Full »

Is social withdrawal due to the COVID-19 pandemic the right decision?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23-year-old male and an asthmatic. Although it is mostly under control, I am still in a higher risk group for contracting the virus. I was facing a dilemma and was wondering if I could get a doctor's advice. I am a stage actor who has to decide on withdrawing from a show I am suppos...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to There is a risk if the area comes under the contaminated zone. Because without a mask, there is always a risk even if social distancing is maintained. When someone positive with the virus passes through or goes from the same place, there are high chances of getting an i...  Read Full »

How to stop wasting too much time on the internet?

Query: Hi doctor, I am wasting most of the time on the internet. I am always chatting through the internet and trying to find what others are doing. I am also repeatedly thinking of the same. I am unable to concentrate in any other events. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to This is a very common problem faced nowadays. Particularly occurs when you have extra liking or passion towards anything. Trust me, this in future may lead to obsession and compulsion towards it and may lead to social dysfunction and withdrawal. This fits into interne...  Read Full »

Why do my social movements got reduced after joining professional course?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female doing MBBS. Everything is really good in my life, but I certainly do not understand the chit chat going on in my mind all the time. I do not feel going when I meet people, I do not like noise, parties and going out. But this was not the case earlier, I like dre...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can see that you are under a lot of stress. what you are describing looks more like anxiety disorder, it is possible that because you have been under a lot of stress for a long time. MBBS is a very tough field and even thoug...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.