Social Withdrawal Of Individual

For how long suspected cases should be in isolation to prevent COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, my wife went to a beauty parlor being run in a flat in housing society. She got eyebrow trimming done by a lady. Later that lady informed my wife that her son has returned from a far country four to five days back. He was screened at the airport and advised to be in isolati...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chances of transmission of Coronavirus is there to wife in the current described scenario. I suppose seven days have elapsed since her son has returned from the far country. So seven days are still left. Your wife should stay in another flat only in my opinion, for ...  Read Full »

Is social withdrawal due to the COVID-19 pandemic the right decision?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23-year-old male and an asthmatic. Although it is mostly under control, I am still in a higher risk group for contracting the virus. I was facing a dilemma and was wondering if I could get a doctor's advice. I am a stage actor who has to decide on withdrawing from a show I am suppos...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a risk if the area comes under the contaminated zone. Because without a mask, there is always a risk even if social distancing is maintained. When someone positive with the virus passes through or goes from the same place, there are high chances of getting an i...  Read Full »

How to stop wasting too much time on the internet?

Query: Hi doctor, I am wasting most of the time on the internet. I am always chatting through the internet and trying to find what others are doing. I am also repeatedly thinking of the same. I am unable to concentrate in any other events. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a very common problem faced nowadays. Particularly occurs when you have extra liking or passion towards anything. Trust me, this in future may lead to obsession and compulsion towards it and may lead to social dysfunction and withdrawal. This fits into interne...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to overcome ego problems at office.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. After completion of school and I did not join college for eight years. Then I joined a diploma course. My father consulted many psychiatrists to find out my problem. Unfortunately, I was admitted by one doctor in nursing home for around three months for treatment. I hat...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading the history I can say that your main current issue is difficulty in continuing a job for long. You perform well in interviews and get selected for jobs but not able to continue the job. I want to know what kind of difficulties you face during the job? What i...  Read Full »

Why do my social movements got reduced after joining professional course?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female doing MBBS. Everything is really good in my life, but I certainly do not understand the chit chat going on in my mind all the time. I do not feel going when I meet people, I do not like noise, parties and going out. But this was not the case earlier, I like dre...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can see that you are under a lot of stress. what you are describing looks more like anxiety disorder, it is possible that because you have been under a lot of stress for a long time. MBBS is a very tough field and even thoug...  Read Full »

I regret watching porn. How to come out of it?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 years old. I have a habit of watching porn. To me, I see it as real. I feel low and regret for my activity.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are a 28 year old adult male and can understand what is good and bad for you. Watching porn is considered as wrong, but in today's society to some extent it is acceptable. If you like to watch normal heterosexual porn videos, then that is normal. There is no need to w...  Read Full »

I have depression and feel completely withdrawn from social life. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old female suffering from depression since last two years due to various reasons. I am a loner in life and now completely withdrawn from social life. I cannot name a few friends to whom I can talk and my family does not show any care towards me. I am staying away from my...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and have an impression that your psychiatrist is right in diagnosing you as a person suffering from a major depressive disorder. In fact almost all the symptoms are present at this moment which point toward major depressive disorder. I understand your ...  Read Full »

My son was diagnosed with ASPD. How do we deal with him?

Query: Hello doctor, My 23 year old son was diagnosed with ASPD. I have read that there in no cure. How do we deal with him? My local psychologist says he should be kept separate from the family to prevent him being parasitic. What should we do?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antisocial personality disorder is a personality disorder. Those affected may lie, break laws, act impulsively and lack regard for their own safety or the safety of others. The ray of hope is that the symptoms may lessen with age. Therefore you should be always hopef...  Read Full »

My brother stopped talking to the family after an argument. How to approach him?

Query: Hello doctor,My brother refuses to talk to any of the family members after a difference of opinion about a car that he wants. He has gone so far as to say that the family refuses to let him grow as a person whereas that is not the case. I, as his sister, have tried to get him to share his feelings b...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best way at present would be, to text him your concerns, explanation, and your opinion so that he reads and gets time to think over. After texting, at last, quote that you all are concerned about him and would like to have a chat. The one among the family, who is c...  Read Full »

How can I confirm if my 4 years old son is a normal or an autistic child?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 4 year old son, and I am a working woman. Recently, I took my son to a doctor to get him treated for a common cold. The doctor asked me about his communication skill as he has doubt that he might be having autism. My husband got angry hearing that there is something wrong with o...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Autistic children exhibit impaired social interaction, impaired language in social contacts, and repetitive behavior patterns. There is a spectrum of disorders ranging from mild to severe symptoms. It may be associated with mental retarda...  Read Full »