Why do my social movements got reduced after joining professional course?

Q. After joining professional course, I do not feel like mingle with people. Why?

Answered by
Dr. Ruhi Satija
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 18, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am a 19-year-old female doing MBBS. Everything is really good in my life, but I certainly do not understand the chit chat going on in my mind all the time. I do not feel going when I meet people, I do not like noise, parties and going out. But this was not the case earlier, I like dressing up and going out for shopping, now I do not feel like doing these things. I just like studying and following my normal routine, I do not want to be like this. Please help.

I am very anxious about my face as I have acne scars, so I am always very conscious about them. I just take medication for it, I often have severe headache attacks, probably migraine, especially when I go out with my friends or hear a very loud noise.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can see that you are under a lot of stress. what you are describing looks more like anxiety disorder, it is possible that because you have been under a lot of stress for a long time. MBBS is a very tough field and even though you must be a good student it does take a toll on your mental health. With chronic stress problems like severe headaches, migraines social avoidance can occur.

I would suggest you to talk to a counselor and they will help you find out the negative thoughts which are causing this anxiety and this type of behavior and they will help you to cope up with them and be able to enjoy your life again. Either find a local counselor or you can opt for online counseling sessions with me via icliniq.

If these are severe you might require anti-anxiety medications, but as you have mentioned that you are able to function well, I think they might not be required. The counselor will evaluate you and take a detailed history and advise you accordingly.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I regret watching porn. How to come out of it?

.. a 28 year old adult male and can understand what is good and bad for you. Watching porn is considered as wrong, but in today's society to some extent it is acceptable. If you like to watch normal heterosexual porn videos, then that is normal.   Read full

I am unable to focus and not willing to work due to depression. Please help.

.. in a troubled situation. Having an empty feeling and negative thoughts occurring on an occasional basis are quite reasonable. It does happen to everyone. But having a low opinion, and feeling empty for so long, around seven months is not healthy.   Read full

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) - Symptoms, Signs, Causes, and Treatment

Generalized anxiety disorder is a mental illness where the persons have anxiety not just to particular situations but nearly every acti   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.