Q. After every meal, I feel soreness at the root of my tongue. Why is that?

Dr. Deepti Mathur
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 23, 2021

I am 28 years old, and currently, I have a medical issue. Every time after a meal, I feel this sort of soreness in the root of my tongue. It feels like the root is pushing the tongue up. The same happens when I drink coffee and coca-cola. I was wondering if I could get some help diagnosing the issue. I am an asthma patient but do not feel like the two are connected.

#

There is soreness in the mouth after meals. It can be due to salivary gland disorders like Sialedentis (infection of sublingual glands) or sialolithiasis (stone in glands).

1. Take plenty of fluids.
  2. If it is stone, then suck a lemon.
  3. For infection, take antibiotics.
  4. Tablet O2 (Ornidazole) twice daily for five days after meals.
  5. If the patient is an alcoholic, take Tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate potassium) 625 mg twice daily for five days after necks.
  6. Do warm saline rinses.
  7. If it does not heal with a conservative approach, then visit a surgeon.
  8. For asthma, Steroid inhalers are used, which cause dryness of the mouth and salivary gland disorders. Rinse once you take the same or use a spacer.

Sialography, occlusal x-ray.

Sialolithiasis, sialadenitis, ranula on the floor of the mouth or any other lump.

Sialenitis.

| 
1 out of 1 likes