Q. After every meal, I feel soreness at the root of my tongue. Why is that?

Dr. Deepti Mathur

Hello! I'm 28 years old and currently have a medical issue. Every time after a meal I feel this sort of soreness in the root of my tongue. It feels like the root is pushing the tongue up. The same happens when I drink coffee and coca-cola. I was wondering if I could get some help diagnosing the issue. I'm an asthma patient but don't feel like the two are connected. Thanks.

# There is soreness in mouth after meals it can be due to salivary gland disorder.Sialedentis (infection of sublingual glands) or sialolithiasis (stone in glands).
> Take plenty of fluids
>Suck on lemon if it's stone it will go
> For infection take antibiotics
Tab O2 twice daily for 5 days after meals if patient is alcoholic then take Tab Augmentin 625mg twice daily for 5 days after necks.
>Do warm saline rinses.
• If it doesn't heal with conservative approach then visit a surgeon.
•For asthma steroid Inhalers are used which cause dryness of mouth and salivary gland disorders.Rinse once you take the same or use spacer.

Salivary gland inflammation or stone in gland dict

Sialography
Occlusal xray

Sialolithiasis
Sialedinitis
Any other lump or ranula in floor of mouth

Sialenitis

As mentioned

As mentioned

After following regimen

| 
1 out of 1 likes

I have a plum-sized swelling on my face. How do I make it go down?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an abscess on the right side of my face that has swollen up as big as a plum. The reason for the abscess, I guess, is because I have two missing teeth on the side of my mouth. But since there are no teeth there, I want to know what can be done about this abscess? How do I get r...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»