Q. I have herpes infection. Could it be the reason for the my dry mouth?

Dr. C. Elanchezhian

I have been struggling now with an issue for about a month. Extreme mouth dryness. Something very new to me. I have never had anything like this before. So sore mouth, sore tongue, and very dry. Is the case that I am short on saliva most definitely. I was recently tested for Diabetes and thyroid, which both returned normal results.

I met a nice girl, and we were kissing a lot. It turns out she has herpes on her face. About five days later, I contracted this under my lip. And it was very painful. My doctor confirmed it was herpes. I had not had herpes before. Now in researching. I am wondering is there such a thing as salivary gland infection from herpes?

This was when all my problems started. So I am thinking that could this herpes contraction have possibly done something to me and my salivary glands. Right now, I am waking up in the morning dry as the desert. This continues into the day. So something is not right. I am considering Sjogren's syndrome but then happened to stumble upon this salivary gland infection from herpes and thought I better ask.

#

Dry mouth due to reduced salivary gland secretion. Yes, herpes may be the reason for dryness affecting the glands. Are you under treatment for hypertension? For salivary flow, rinsing your mouth with warm salt water, sucking on sour lemons or sugar-free lemon candy to encourage. Chew sugar-free gum or suck on sugar-free hard candies to stimulate secretion. Do not drink coffee it will make your mouth dry. Stop smoking. Drink plenty of water. Use alcohol-free mouth wash. The medicine for Hyperion and depression can cause dry mouth.

|