Medical Advice on "Hematology"

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: The serum ferritin level of 15000 is definitely too high. Along with HCV, the prognosis is somewhat poor. However, without knowing the amount of iron deposition in tissues ... View thread »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are on iron and vitamin B12 shots, I would assume that it could be nutritional. It is obvious that no absorption from the gut and also IBS will complicate it. Enlarged spleen could be due to increased destruction ... View thread »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached reports, my opinion is as follows: (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Increased HbS with reduced HbA at this age suggests possible sickle cell trait disease. Most important ... View thread »

Dr. Smrita  Singh
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spironolactone does not increase the risk of thrombosis. You can take it but you need to monitor your potassium levels. Spironolactone increase your potassium levels. Avoid eating food items that are rich in potassium ... View thread »

Dr. Smrita  Singh
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Her RBC count is very low with low serum ferritin and high serum iron (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Also, her anemia is normocytic normochromic which is generally seen in bleeding due to chronic ... View thread »

Dr. Smrita  Singh
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your hemoglobin and hematocrit values are slightly high. Your RBC count is only marginally elevated since the upper limit of normal is 5.5 million/cu.mm. With these values, there is a suspicion of you having ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can replace it with Orofer XT (Folic acid and Ferrous Ascorbate). It is a perfect drug for iron deficiency anemia as it contains Ferrous Ascorbate. Initially, you can take this tablet two times a day. Then after ... View thread »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Bleeding is known to occur through nostrils and also in muscles, under skin, etc. An evaluation of Von Willebrand factor (vWF) levels is necessary to rule out any ... View thread »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hemoglobin levels and other abnormalities do not explain the severity of the symptoms that you are experiencing. Iron, Vitamin B12 and folic acid supplements along with dietary improvement to improve hemoglobin to 12 ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, in sickle cell anemia, blood transfusion is not needed. The prognosis depends on the severity of sickle cell. Dehydration, infection is a usual precipitant for sickle cell anemia. So it is better to avoid ... View thread »