Medical Advice on "Hematology"

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows:The low hemoglobin at present is not due to blood loss, it is nutritional. If you look at the iron studies, the ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your hemoglobin level is within normal range. So you may need not to worry about that. You need not worry regarding slight low red ... View thread »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows (attachment removed to protect patient identity): Routine variation in various white blood cell count is normal. When 100 cells are counted and the other cell group is a ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. Your total WBC (white blood cell) count is only mildly elevated, and it is not raised to an alarming level. You have been prescribed a steroid course for sore throat. It is a strong anti-inflammatory drug if no ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your transferrin saturation and iron level are mildly decreased, and your hemoglobin level is normal. So you do not have iron deficiency anemia, but it can be an early sign of iron deficiency. You need to investigate ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the causes for high monocyte count and multisystemic involvement. Hence, treatment for that is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and disease modifying drugs like Leflunomide, etc. The ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per report provided, the lymphocyte count is slightly high. In the case of a child with age 1 to 3, the lymphocyte count can be up to 70%. Lymphocytosis is considered in the child of 1.5 years when the absolute ... View thread »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: The elevated hemoglobin, red blood cell count and hematocrit signify polycythemia. Elevated Vitamin B12 level is one of the markers of myeloproliferative disorder. I would ... View thread »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Alcohol induced liver damage has caused increased enzyme levels. Possibly early stages, as no jaundice is seen. MCV high (mean corpuscular volume) is due to associated ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me tell you that you have a high platelet count in your CBC (complete blood count) report. The cause can be primary or secondary ... View thread »