Q. Please suggest a treatment to increase my sperm count and volume.

Dr. Amit Kyal

My sperm count is less than normal for the past six months. It ranges from 11 to 14 million/mL. The rest of the parameters are normal. Please advise a best treatment. I am taking Addyzoa for the past four months.

#

Your sperm count and volume are low. If there is no improvement in these parameters after three months of medication, it is best to do intrauterine insemination (IUI). The sperm is treated or prepared before IUI and it helps to select motile fractions of the sperm for intrauterine insemination. At the same time, you need to do basic investigations like thyroid profile, FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), prolactin, and total testosterone levels. If the hormonal profile is normal, then you can try to take tablet Letoval (Letrozole) and it helps to increase sperm count. Do not smoke and drink. Try to have IUI as the first option and taking medication as the second option.

I do not smoke and drink. I am unable to do IUI in my place. Is there any best medicine that helps to cure my problem?

#

You need to do your hormonal profile. You can try taking tablet Letrozole 2.5 mg once daily after taking food for three months along with Addyzoa.

I have done the tests and I am attaching them. Please suggest.

#

Your hormonal profiles are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have done all the tests except total testosterone. Since IUI is not an option in your case, then the best option is to take table tablet Letrozole 2.5 mg once daily after breakfast for three months. Continue taking Addyzoa.

I have attached my old testosterone report. I want a prescription for the medicine which you are recommending to buy. At what time, do I need to take Letrozole and Addyzoa? How many capsules? My local doctor prescribed me to take tablet Fertilion M twice a day. Please advise. Can I take it or not? Please prescribe any other good medicine that helps to cure my problem fast.

#

Your testosterone levels are fine. You can take tablet Letrozole 2.5 mg once daily after breakfast for three months and take Addyzoa once daily after dinner for three months. You need to take a nutritious diet, do regular exercise, and repeat sperm count examination after three months.

|