Q. I am suffering from erectile dysfunction with high FSH and LH. Please help.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

I am 41 years old. My height is 5'7" and I weigh about 74 kg. I am suffering from ED.

T3-110, T4-9.4, TSH-1.37

Total cholesterol 238 (last year), and 249 recently.

25 OH Vitamin D (total) 58.87 ng/ml.

Blood glucose random-104

Blood glucose post prandial 124 g/dL

HbA1c 6.3

T level 330, TSH 1.660 Uiu/ml, FSH 250, LH 400, Prolactone 540, Free testosterone 75.90 pg/ml. There is a smoking history of 20 years (one packet per day) but I completely quit from the last six months. Doctore give me four to five testosterone injections and a sachet to drink with hot water. Later an endocrinologist told no need for medicine and hormones are functioning properly.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

All your tests are normal except for high level of FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) and LH (lutenizing hormone) and prolactin and your endocrinologist advises for no medicine.

For managing your ED (erectile dysfunction) try the life style modifications and use of Sildenafil or Tadalafil as on when required basis.

Avoid alcohol and tobacco products if using currently.

Go for a regular morning walk at least 45 minutes daily or go for exercise daily.

Spend more time during foreplay.

Take adequate sleep.

Eat healthy food and drink plenty of water.

| 

My FSH 2.49 miu/ml , LH 4.20 miu/ml , prolactin 5.39 ng/ml. And after two months, the values are FSH 2.50 miu/ml, LH 4.00 miu/ml, Prolactin 40 ng/ml. Why in the evening T level goes below the normal range?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

#

Then it is fine. Actually there is always variation in hormone levels during evening times, morning time and night time. The standardized test results are accordingly assessed and there is no need to worry if there is some variation depending upon the time.

Do try lifestyle modifications and continue it for a long time and you will see the good results.

| 

Can the lower abdomen pain be due to ovulation?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two days, I am feeling a mild pain on my lower abdomen and having a feeling that my bowels are not getting cleared. I had my last period about two months back. My periods have become irregular since then. Last month, I got examined and was detected having a uterine fibroid...  Read Full »

I have PCOS and trying to conceive. What should I anticipate for treatment in the future?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. I have been trying to conceive for eight months from now. I have monthly periods and positive OPKs and BBT shifts, but periods are also very light, basically spotting. I had an Ultrasound which showed a few cysts, had mildly elevated testosterone, normal LH and FSH,...  Read Full »

Penis is small and thin. Are there any medicines or surgeries for growth of penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male and my penis size is too small and thin. In the normal position, it is 3 inches, when it gets strong it is 4 inches. Are there any medicines or surgeries for the growth of penis? Also, my penis is not getting strong even when I am in sex mood. When I ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now