Spitting Post Burping

A newborn, diagnosed with laryngomalacia, is spitting milk after burping. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 1 month and 26 days old. Her birth weight was 3.05 kg. Her current weight is 4.4 kg. She spits the milk after burping also. She has been diagnosed with laryngomalacia. I wanted to know whether it a matter of concern or not.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The current weight of the child is absolutely normal according to the birth weight of the child. There is no need to worry about this. Babies often spit very little amount of milk after feeding even after burping, this is a normal thing. If it is problematic, then the w...  Read Full »

How to treat spitting in 3 months old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 3 months old and she is formula fed - Nan Pro 1. Her birth weight was 2.6 kg, which dropped down to 2.2 kg after 15 days of her birth. Her present weight is 4.6 kg, length is 56.5 cm and head circumference is 38.5 cm. She spits up around 6 to 7 times daily even after burping an...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Paediatrician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You would have to look at a growth chart to look at your child growth. Her birth weight was at 2nd percentile and grown to 5-10 percentile at 3 months. This tells although she is still on lower side but there has been improvement in her weight on graph. Same is with her ...  Read Full »

My 5 months old baby often cries due to gas problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My baby has just completed 5 months. We are giving her formula milk since my wife had less milk. She has constant problems with gas. I have given her Colicaid before a feed and burp her 15 to 20 minutes after every feed and gas gets released as well. Even after that, she cries due to gas p...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you c...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my baby's gas problem.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 28 days old. She is suffering from gas problem. I am not sure if it is colic pain as she does not cry a lot, but she is struggling to pass gas. She is squeezing her entire body to pass gas and due to this, she is not able to sleep properly. She will wake up in the middle of...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. New born babies, who are exclusively breastfed, will usually not develop gas like adults. While breastfeeding, they swallow some amount of air, which they try to bring out and strain for that or vomit feeds. It is a very common problem and can be easily overcome by ap...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.