Spondylosis

My mother has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease the gap in her neck?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 44-years-old and has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease this gap in her neck? She has started physiotherapy from eight days ago.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The spondylosis has caused a reduction in the intervertebral spaces. This occurs due to the weakness of the muscles of the neck. I will advise following the exercises which help regain the muscle strength and improve the space in the intervertebral cervical region. Activ...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the MRI taken for upper back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I have uploaded my recent MRI results for my spine. I had been suffering from upper back pain which restricts the mobility of my right hand. I can feel a slight lump around or near my rhomboid muscle on the right side. Please review my MRI scans and provide a diagnosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Observations (attachment removed to protect patient identity): Cervical spine: There is mild straightening of the cervical vertebrae. Vertebral bodies are showing mild osteophytes and are otherwise normal. No evidence of collapse or bony destruction. Atlantoaxial...  Read Full »

What causes back pain once the position is changed from sitting?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 65 years old (height 4'11", weight 64 kg), and has been doing all the household chores since she was 20 years. She has no problems except diabetes. Since one week, she started getting lower back pain. The symptoms are if she is in a sleeping position and gets up and starts w...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At 65, your mother seems to be suffering from spondylosis which is nothing but wear and tear of the spine. This is made worse after any period of rest and sitting usually makes it worse. Is there any radiation of pain to the leg? I will recommend that you get an X-ra...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in left shoulder and upper chest?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. I am having a BP medicine (Telma AM 40). I am having pain in left shoulder, upper chest, back side. I had done ECG, 2D echo and a TMT and all the tests are negative. My doctor said the pain is not related to cardio. The pain is not constant it comes and goes, ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The characteristics of your pain are not typical of cardiac pain. There are two possibilities in you, first is of a spinal cause like spondylosis or compression of nerves and other is costochondritis. Does this pain increases on neck movement, or any neck trauma, the...  Read Full »

I have severe nerve pain between my left bum and leg. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have nerve pain between my left bum and left leg for the past two months. It is so painful that I cannot even walk, sit or lay down.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you obese? Are you diabetic? Any pain in the lower back? The possible causes are lumbar spondylosis with radiculopathy or compressive neuropathy or peripheral neuropathy or restless leg syndrome or arthritis if knee with bursitis or peripheral vascular disease, etc...  Read Full »

I have numbness in my face, arm, and hand on one side. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have numbness in my right side of the face and right arm and right hand. Blood pressure is normal.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it sudden onset or gradually develops from last many days. If it is gradual and it is there since long time period, then it is most probably spondylosis both cervical spine. It is a spine problem where you get numbness, pain, and other symptoms due to compression ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for neck pain due to working on computer?

Query: Hello doctor, I work on computers for the past three years. I have constant pain in the neck. I consulted with a neurologist, he suggested for MRI scan. He gave treatment and said within 10 days I will get normal. I asked the doctor for any big issue he said there is no critical condition. 16 mont...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely a spondylosis both cervical and lumbar. It is a spine problem where you get pain and other symptoms due to compression of nerves between spine. So it will cause symptoms along the course of nerves. It is probably due to prolonged sitting. Do you have any hi...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the cause and remedy for bilateral spondylolysis.

Query: Hello doctor, What is bilateral spondylolysis between L5 and S1? What is the cause? What is the remedy? I have pain near the tail-bone, especially when seated. I have started experiencing a sharp pain when lifting clothes from a bucket.  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spondylolysis is basically lysis of pars interarticularis. This is the bone responsible for stability between two vertebral bodies. At your age, it is not surprising to find this because most commonly it is seen after degenerative changes. Usually, if this spondylolysis...  Read Full »

I feel back pain and discomfort. Could it be due any lung lesion?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 50 years old male. I have middle back pain for the past eight years. It is usually in the middle right back between the shoulder blades. I have this pain when I stand for an extended period. Recently, I felt the pain radiating from my back into my chest. I think that I have a knot b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your symptoms are not suggestive of cancer. It is a spinal cause which is causing the symptoms (spondylosis). The points which favor for the spinal cause is the long duration of symptom...  Read Full »

I have a stiff neck and back pain. Could it be a heart attack?

Query: Hello, doctor, I am anxious about my heart. I cannot tell what is causing me to feel like this. I have a stiffness in the side of my neck with some pain in the upper left part of the back. I am able to pin point it. The chest feels weird on the left side. The ECG, chest X-ray and CBC were normal. Ho...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In all probabilities, it is not a heart attack. Neither your symptoms nor the investigations are compatible with a heart attack. I think you should stop worrying about a heart attack. From your description, it sounds like a cervical spine problem like spondylosis or...  Read Full »