Q. Why is there spotting and brown discharge with clots in a six weeks pregnant woman?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Now I am six weeks pregnant. I had two miscarriages before. I have some spotting and brown discharge with clots seen continuous from the fifth week to now. Two days before I went for scanning and a perfect heartbeat was seen, no subchorionic hemorrhage was there. But still, small spotting and clots were seen. What is the reason for this? And will it affect the fetus? Any birth defects? Or any problems? Please answer. Will it end with miscarriage? I have one other doubt, that whether trisomy or other chromosomal abnormalities of the fetus can be identified? How to identify? And which stage of pregnancy it can identify?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please take Progesterone supplements and adequate rest. Avoid having sex and lifting heavy weights, or bumpy drives. If properly treated and taken good supplements, miscarriage will be prevented. Trisomy and chromosomal anomalies can be detected by 12 to 13 weeks and for the rest of the development details can be found on TIFFA scan (targetted imaging for fetal anomalies) around 20 weeks. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Will high LH impact ovulation and healthy pregnancy in a PCOS patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32. I have PCOS for past seven years. Now planning to conceive with Gonadotropin injection and timed intercourse. But my day two blood work shows FSH 4.7, LH 11.2 and prolactin 9. Due to high LH will I get ovulation and if so, how will be the chances of having a healthy pregnancy?...  Read Full »

Miscarriage

Article Overview: This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emotionally and physically hurting experience, having a detailed knowledge about it will help you to prevent and cope up with the situation. Losing a baby during pregnancy can be painful, but it is always not your fault. Read Article

Dr. Divya Banu M

A miscarriage is the death of the baby within the mother’s womb, and medically it is known as spontaneous abortion. This can either happen during the first three months of pregnancy or later. Most of the time, the cause is not known, but females who have had miscarriages earlier have had a hea...  Read Article