Q. My crossed eye treatment was not a success. Can I get the surgery done again?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Published on Dec 24, 2016

I have crossed eyes since my birth. I got operated 4 years ago, but the problem was still there. I mean the operation was not 100% successful. Can I redo the procedure?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Do you have any surgical notes or pre-operative notes that can tell the type of squint? How much squint was there before squint surgery?
  • What procedure was done and one eye was operated or both? Also, please tell that whether from each eye one muscle was operated or two.
  • Actually, four muscles can be operated. Two muscles from each eye, depending upon the severity of squint.
  • Usually, if a muscle is operated once, then it is cannot be operated again. If all four muscles were not operated and squint is within range, then your doctor can try.
  • But, all this will depend upon the remaining squint, good vision you got in both eyes and the number of muscles were operated.
  • Kindly consult your eye doctor. He will guide you the best after examination.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

After squint surgery, will my eyes look straight?

Query: Hi, I am 20 years old. Next month I am going to have my squint surgery for cosmetic purpose. I do not have vision in my right eye now and it turned inwards. After this surgery, will both my eyes look straight? Either I see left or right or up or down will both my eyes work together? How many hour...  Read Full »

Exotropia squint in the right eye, Is LASIK and squint surgery Recommended?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an exotropia squint in my right eye from the last 10 to 12 years. Presently I have a very low vision in that eye and near and far vision is blurry. I consulted an ophthalmologist and he recommended a LASIK surgery and after that a squint correction surgery a month later. Should...  Read Full »

People around me think I am staring at them although I am not. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I have issues with my peripheral vision and I can see everything around me. This is particularly uncomfortable for me and people around me, as it seems like I am staring at them even though I am not looking at them.  Read Full »