Q. My crossed eye treatment was not a success. Can I get the surgery done again?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 08, 2021

I have crossed eyes since my birth. I got operated 4 years ago, but the problem was still there. I mean the operation was not 100% successful. Can I redo the procedure?

#

• Do you have any surgical notes or pre-operative notes that can tell the type of squint? How much squint was there before squint surgery?
  • What procedure was done and one eye was operated or both? Also, please tell that whether from each eye one muscle was operated or two.
  • Actually, four muscles can be operated. Two muscles from each eye, depending upon the severity of squint.
  • Usually, if a muscle is operated once, then it is cannot be operated again. If all four muscles were not operated and squint is within range, then your doctor can try.
  • But, all this will depend upon the remaining squint, good vision you got in both eyes and the number of muscles were operated.
  • Kindly consult your eye doctor. He will guide you the best after examination.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|