Squint Eyes

Will a little cross-eye with normal focus correct on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 10 months old and has a little cross-eyed. Her eyes movements are normal, and so focusing on objects and all behavior seems normal. I was told by our family pediatrician that it is minor and might go away as time passes. Please check the attached photo and let me know y...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed the history and saw the photos. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Squint or crossing of the eyes needs evaluation and treatment. In your daughter's case who is 10 months old, the first thing to be done is differentiating pseudosquint from ...  Read Full »

when the child looks straight, it appears as if looking elsewhere. How to correct this problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know if it is possible to correct the eyes of a child that does not focus properly. The condition is when the child is looking straight, the eyes appear as if it is looking elsewhere.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child has squint eyes. This can be due to multiple causes. 1. Refractive error or glass number. 2. Congenital squint due to neurological issues. 3. Retinal or optic nerve pathology. Kindly get your child evaluated from a pediatric ophthalmologist. Initially,...  Read Full »

Is squint eye hereditary?

Query: Hello doctor, I doubt squint eye. Whether squint eye is hereditary, and is there any treatment for these?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Squint eyes are the eyes which are not appropriately aligned, each eye focus on a different object and send signals to the brain leading to confusion. Thus the child starts ignoring signs coming from squint eye (deviated eye) resulting in amblyopia or lazy eye. It ha...  Read Full »

Why is my left eye smaller than the right eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male. My right eye is smaller than my left eye. For this cause I am not able to see clearly with my right eye. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is not a small eye.  This looks like a condition called convergent squint (inward deviation of the eye). This is making your eye appear small.  There are many ty...  Read Full »

Can divergent eye squint be treated with surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a complete retinal detachment in my left eye from an early age (11 to 12), went to many places including renowned eye care hospitals but nothing worked. Anyways, after a few days my left eye started to go outward and within a short time went completely outward (divergent squint...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavna

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, as you have mentioned that you have had a total retinal detachment (RD) in your LE during childhood, I would like to emphasize on the fact that RD surgery will not help in improving your vision. The squint you are talking about is an adaptive mechanism of the e...  Read Full »

I am having one eyeball misalignment and dual vision after a train travel. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old male. I traveled by train for 12 hours and came sleeping, then I developed a headache. Now, suddenly I am having one eyeball misalignment and dual vision. No other symptoms. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are experiencing sudden squint. Please get blood pressure checked now. The double vision right now is not an emergency but if you have high BP, that has to be taken care of. If you do not have a BP instrument, kindly tell me if you have these signs. Dizziness, heada...  Read Full »

Can pencil push-ups treat my exotropia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild exotropia. I went for a squint check-up, and the specialist said there is no squint based on the cover test and light reflex test results. But I have exotropia, and I can see it. Can my exotropia be treated with pencil push-ups? Please give your opinion. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cover test is the best test to find true exotropia, and if there are no issues with the test, then there is no true exotropia. You might be having a pseudoexotropia. There is no treatment required for it. Pensil push-ups will not help you. Regards. For further queries co...  Read Full »

Can my single squint eye be corrected surgically?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I am having squint in my right eye. It is turned inwards by birth and I have no vision and also cannot see anything in my right eye. My left eye is 100% perfect. I met an eye specialist. He checked my squint and told that my vision is not recoverable. I have no p...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your eyes and old records (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is definitely possible to make eyes look straight and correct the squint with eye surgery. It is not a complicated surgery and gives good cosmetic results...  Read Full »

I fear that my ptosis and strabismus cannot be corrected. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I am working in software field. I do have problems of ptosis and strabismus in my left eye since birth. I am not able to see with this eye until I forcefully close my right (dedicated) eye. I got operated for ptosis when I was 11, and it got recovered a lot. But,...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have double elevator palsy. It is also known as monocular elevation deficit with ptosis. You are right in saying that superior rectus and inferior oblique muscles are non-functioning. The only treatment is surgery. We operate squint first, and Knapp surgery is require...  Read Full »

My 3 months old baby's vision has not developed yet. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old now. We got her examined by an eye specialist this week, but the doctor said that her vision is not yet developed due to which she cannot see or differentiate colors. As per the doctor's examination my daughter's eyeballs, retina, etc., are fine but the lin...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are the symptoms that the child has? Does she have nystagmus or oscillating movements of the eye? Does the child grab toys presented to her? Is the size of her eyes smaller than usual or cross-eyed or squint? Was only a routine examination done for her? Physiologica...  Read Full »