Crossed Eye

After removing the spectacles, the eyes look crossed. How to correct them?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1-1/2 year old daughter is diagnosed with accommodative esotropia (crossed eye) and is recommended to wear glasses. And she has been wearing them for a month now. But, when I remove the glasses, the eyes still look crossed. But, looks fine when she wears the glasses. Is there a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Accommodative esotropia is in a way good type of squint. Because, it is treated by wearing glasses. Good thing is that your daughter is diagnosed and treated early as late treatment may not be helpful. Just keep wearing glasses and it will improve over period of years...  Read Full »

My age is 26. I have crossed eyes/squint eyes. Suggest me any solution.

Query: Hi, My age is 26 years. I have crossed eyes problem. Can it be brought back to normal by a surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query at icliniq.com. We have to check whether your vision is equal in both the eyes. If the vision is equal in both the eyes and the problem is only with the Squint Eyes(Crossed eye/Strabismus), then it can be brought back to normal by a surgery. If the vision is bad ...  Read Full »

Is crossed eye problem a curable one?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 2 years old. He is having crossed eye problem from the birth. Is it curable? If yes, then what is the treatment for this? Also, what is the success rate of the treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child's squint problem can be treated in a number of ways and often more than one treatment or a combination of treatments may be needed to get the best result for your child's vision. Your child's squint treatment will be depend on the type of squint. Most of the...  Read Full »

People around me think I am staring at them although I am not. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I have issues with my peripheral vision and I can see everything around me. This is particularly uncomfortable for me and people around me, as it seems like I am staring at them even though I am not looking at them.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are suffering from a peripheral vision that makes you see less, then we can look at glaucoma as a cause and not when the opposite is true, that is when you feel you are seeing everything, which is normal. The best way to get this clarified is with a visual field...  Read Full »

My crossed eye treatment was not a success. Can I get the surgery done again?

Query: Hi doctor,I have crossed eyes since my birth. I got operated 4 years ago, but the problem was still there. I mean the operation was not 100% successful. Can I redo the procedure?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any surgical notes or pre-operative notes that can tell the type of squint? How much squint was there before squint surgery? What procedure was done and one eye was operated or both? Also, please tell that whether from each eye one muscle was operated or two. ...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to focus both the eyes on a single point?

Query: Hi doctor, When I look towards my left, I can use either left eye or right eye. I am unable to focus both the eyes on a single point. Also, When I move my eyes towards left, my left eyeball goes little upward than the right. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a very distressing situation being not able to focus both of the eyes at a single point at a time. This is a situation known as squint. It is because of fusion abnormality when the image from both the eyes is not formed at a single point on the retina. At first, g...  Read Full »

After squint surgery, will my eyes look straight?

Query: Hi, I am 20 years old. Next month I am going to have my squint surgery for cosmetic purpose. I do not have vision in my right eye now and it turned inwards. After this surgery, will both my eyes look straight? Either I see left or right or up or down will both my eyes work together? How many hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This squint is sensory esotropia, which means that due to some cause your retina detached leaving you with no vision in that eye and at that early age brain failed to keep both eyes straight leaving to squint. Success rate of squint surgery is quite high (90%). Even afte...  Read Full »