Q. On Ortho-Cyclen pills for 5 months. Stomach cramps after eating, brown discharge, cloudy urine & fatigue

Dr. Sini P
Published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2018

Dear doctor,

I am on Ortho-Cyclen pills for five months. I skipped my placebo pills and went on to the next pack. Now, I am having stomach cramps after eating, brown discharge, cloudy urine, and fatigue. Kindly advise me.

Dr. Sini P

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Placebo pills are just vitamin tablets. So, skipping those pills will not cause any problem.

Stomach cramps might be due to gastritis. For this, you can take some antacid.

For "brownish discharge, cloudy urine and fatigue" please take urine pregnancy test. If it is negative and there is only minimal discharge, you can continue the pill which you are using.

Please let me know your age and the date of the last period for me to guide you better.

If you have further questions, feel free to consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online-->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your case, if pregnancy test has been negative, even till date, then you are surely not pregnant. The delay and irregularity need to be evaluated and investigated to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease), hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia, which are the most...  Read Full

I noticed white strings in my stool. I hope it is not parasites. Please help.

Query: Hi, I am a 34 year old female. I noticed what looks like white strings in my stool. I am also having symptoms like abdominal cramps and pain, severe fatigue, memory issues, dizziness, and sometimes constipation. I am hoping it is not parasites. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms which you have mentioned are related to two diseases, parasites or IBS. To confirm if it is parasites, stool routine examination has to be done.  This might be due to IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) also. This condition presents with alternate constipation wit...  Read Full

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I see two problems in your history. Let me tell you the reason and solution. Birth control pills come in a pack of 21 or 21 active plus seven dummy pills, or the single dose of an emergency contraceptive pill. Whichever you take, will suppres...  Read Full