Q. I had sex with my partner last month and missed periods. Am I pregnant?

Published on Jul 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2019

I am 35 years old and I had sex with my partner last month. My expected period date was a week later.

Still, I did not get my periods. I have tried testing pregnancy strips the result was negative.

I consumed Regestrone tablets for the past four days. We do not want to have a baby because of the family situation.

I want to know if I am pregnant or not. If pregnant, how to start the abortion procedure?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If the urine pregnancy test was done after eight days post missed menses was negative then you are not pregnant.

However, to be double sure, you may opt for a serum beta hCG test, where if the hCG levels are less than 3 mIU, then you can be sure that you are not pregnant.

As you have taken Regesterone for past four days now, so just continue for another day and then stop, if you intend to seek a withdrawal bleed. The bleed shall start in next 3 to 5 days post stoppage of Regesterone.

Once the bleed starts, it will again indicate that you are pregnancy safe and you would be starting a fresh cycle.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

As per your advice, we had taken the hCG test five days back. The result was negative 0.90mIU/ml. I took the last tablet last week. But still, I have not got my periods. Kindly suggest us.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As the pregnancy test is negative, so she can just wait and watch for withdrawal bleed.

The time for withdrawal varies from woman to woman. It would start and may sometimes occur in 7 to 10 days post stoppage of the pill.

Advise is to wait and practice barrier contraception till then. Regards.

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full »

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 23 years old. Two months back she had abortion. After abortion she is taking Folic acid and Ecosprin 75. Last month her period lasted for around 14 days and then doctor gave her Sandoz medication. This month her period date already has passed far off but still she is not hav...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »