Q. I had sex with my partner last month and missed periods. Am I pregnant?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2019

I am 35 years old and I had sex with my partner last month. My expected period date was a week later.

Still, I did not get my periods. I have tried testing pregnancy strips the result was negative.

I consumed Regestrone tablets for the past four days. We do not want to have a baby because of the family situation.

I want to know if I am pregnant or not. If pregnant, how to start the abortion procedure?

#

If the urine pregnancy test was done after eight days post missed menses was negative then you are not pregnant.

However, to be double sure, you may opt for a serum beta hCG test, where if the hCG levels are less than 3 mIU, then you can be sure that you are not pregnant.

As you have taken Regesterone for past four days now, so just continue for another day and then stop, if you intend to seek a withdrawal bleed. The bleed shall start in next 3 to 5 days post stoppage of Regesterone.

Once the bleed starts, it will again indicate that you are pregnancy safe and you would be starting a fresh cycle.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

As per your advice, we had taken the hCG test five days back. The result was negative 0.90mIU/ml. I took the last tablet last week. But still, I have not got my periods. Kindly suggest us.

#

As the pregnancy test is negative, so she can just wait and watch for withdrawal bleed.

The time for withdrawal varies from woman to woman. It would start and may sometimes occur in 7 to 10 days post stoppage of the pill.

Advise is to wait and practice barrier contraception till then. Regards.

|