Q. There is fish smell in feces after unprotected anal sex. Please advise.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

I am a 21 year old male that had unprotected anal sex. Two days after, my feces have a very light fish smell with mucus, Very light abdominal pain and light pain in both testicles (always had very light pain in my testicles but feeling it the second day after anal sex makes me a little concerned).

Do you have a question on Stool Changes or Unprotected Sex?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

MBBS., DGO., PHD (HIV MEDICINE
HIV/AIDS Specialist

When was this exposure? Unprotected anal exposure carries a high risk of acquisition of HIV and other STIs. The symptoms could have various reasons. I suggest you get tested for HIV and other STIs (sexually transmitted infections).

You can get fourth generation HIV rapid test now (to know about your baseline status), then at four weeks of the exposure and if this result is negative get a confirmatory HIV antibody test at three months of last exposure.

Please revert if any other information is required.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

This exposure was two days ago.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

MBBS., DGO., PHD (HIV MEDICINE
HIV/AIDS Specialist

Then you require post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV. It needs to be started within 72 hours of unprotected exposure.

Also Read Answers From: Stool Changes Unprotected Sex

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »
Dr. Prabha Ranjan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do a pregnancy test with urine pregnancy kit. If it is negative, wait for the period for at least seven to ten days. If the period does not come repeat the test and then think of taking medicine to bring period, not before that. If the pregnancy test is negative, th...  Read Full »

Had unprotected sex today. Should my partner take contraceptive?
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse this morning. But, I am not sure whether I had ejaculated inside. Should my partner take a contraceptive? She is having PCOD. Kindly advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she is in her ovulation period then better to take an emergency contraceptive pill. Ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the expected menses.¬†Imagine her periods is of 28 days then unsafe days are from 11th day of menses to 20th day. Ovulation is unpredictable as the cyc...  Read Full »

Is the change in stool consistency during pregnancy, a problem to worry?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old and now 36 weeks pregnant. I just noticed my stool appeared as a mixture of white and brown long particles. I never had white poop in such lengths. My scan reports were normal a month ago. Is there any problem to worry? Is there any threat to the baby? Should I visit th...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Passage of white or brown particles in stool does not harm baby and there is no need to be alarmed. You can visit a physician or gastroenterologist for a physical evaluation, to confirm the nature of the problem and take treatment if required. If there are no other stom...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now