Q. There is fish smell in feces after unprotected anal sex. Please advise.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

I am a 21 year old male that had unprotected anal sex. Two days after, my feces have a very light fish smell with mucus, Very light abdominal pain and light pain in both testicles (always had very light pain in my testicles but feeling it the second day after anal sex makes me a little concerned).

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

When was this exposure? Unprotected anal exposure carries a high risk of acquisition of HIV and other STIs. The symptoms could have various reasons. I suggest you get tested for HIV and other STIs (sexually transmitted infections).

You can get fourth generation HIV rapid test now (to know about your baseline status), then at four weeks of the exposure and if this result is negative get a confirmatory HIV antibody test at three months of last exposure.

Please revert if any other information is required.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

| 

This exposure was two days ago.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

Then you require post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV. It needs to be started within 72 hours of unprotected exposure.

| 

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Had unprotected sex today. Should my partner take contraceptive?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse this morning. But, I am not sure whether I had ejaculated inside. Should my partner take a contraceptive? She is having PCOD. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Is the change in stool consistency during pregnancy, a problem to worry?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old and now 36 weeks pregnant. I just noticed my stool appeared as a mixture of white and brown long particles. I never had white poop in such lengths. My scan reports were normal a month ago. Is there any problem to worry? Is there any threat to the baby? Should I visit th...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now