Ask a Hiv Aids Specialist Online

Get free medical advice on your first query

Ask a Hiv Aids Specialist Online

Enter Your Health Query *

2172 Doctors Online


iCliniq is mentioned in Parade
iCliniq is mentioned in INSIDER

Ask your health query to our experienced Hiv Aids Specialists online and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.

Our medical panel consists of over 100 highly skilled hiv aids specialists . Get professional medical advice and second opinion now!

Click here to see a Sample Answer

About "HIV/AIDS specialist"

An HIV/AIDS specialist is a physician who has specialized in internal medicine and further sub-specialized in infectious diseases (mainly HIV in this case). They have detailed knowledge about the disease, its diagnosis, causative and risk factors, symptoms and signs and management or treatment.

You can visit them if you are suspicious about contracting HIV by unprotected intercourse or contaminated needle injury, or any other causative factor. They will do the required clinical and laboratory examinations and guide you with the result that whether it is negative or positive and accordingly start you on anti-retroviral drugs if required.

Since most of the paranoid patients want to maintain their confidentiality, they prefer a method to contact the doctor without their physical presence and to help you through this, online medical platforms are available. You can consult an HIV/AIDS specialist online with a click on the screen to get a detailed information regarding your concern.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q.What are the doctors who treat HIV patients called?

HIV and AIDS specialists or infectious disease doctors help individuals suffering from HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection and AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).

Q.When should you go to a doctor for HIV?

It is best to get checked regularly for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) if you have unprotected sex, if you inject drugs intravenously, or if you are a homosexual man.

Q.Do infectious disease doctors perform surgery?

Infectious disease doctors diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases that can be transmitted from one person to another. They suggest tests, interpret the test results, and prescribe medicines, but do not perform surgeries.

Q.Can AIDS be treated?

No, there is no cure for AIDS still. But new antiretroviral drugs, if taken properly, help keep the viral load under control, protect your immune system, and prevent most of the complications from affecting you.

Q.What is the most recommended treatment for HIV and AIDS patients?

Antiretroviral therapy (ART) is the most recommended treatment for HIV and AIDS patients. Even though it does not cure this disease, it prevents fatal complications and lowers the risk of HIV getting transmitted.

Q.How do doctors diagnosis HIV infection?

The tests used by doctors to diagnose HIV infection are:
- HIV antibody test (3rd generation test) - This blood test checks the presence of antibodies in the blood, which are produced by the immune system in response to HIV.
- HIV antibody/antigen tests (4th generation test) - This test detects a part of the HIV virus, that is, the p24 antigen.
- HIV RNA Test - Here, the presence of HIV RNA (ribonucleic acid) is detected.

Q.Are early symptoms of HIV an alarm for immediate action?

HIV symptoms are not specific, and there is no certain way to tell if you are infected other than getting tested. Some of the early symptoms include fever, chills, unintentional weight loss, tiredness, rashes, oral and genital sores, and night sweats. If you have these symptoms after having unprotected sex or other possible exposure, get tested and start treatment immediately.

Q.Can I get vaccinated against HIV?

No, there is no vaccine available for HIV.

Q.How long can a person live with HIV?

People with HIV infection can have a near-normal lifespan, provided they get treated. The factors that affect lifespan are CD4 cell count, viral load, the presence of opportunistic infections, age, and other physical conditions. The life expectancy is around 3 years without treatment.

Q.How can PrEP and PEP help me?

- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is the use of antiviral drugs to prevent HIV infection for people who are at high risk. A combination of Tenofovir and Emtricitabine is used.
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) is when antiretroviral medicines (ART) after taken after a potential exposure to HIV to prevent infection. It should ideally be used within 72 hours.

What Our Users Say?

View All

How it Works?

  • Your health issue will be shared across with our hiv aids specialist panel.
  • A hiv aids specialist will pick your query and send medical advice to your health issue subsequently.
  • You can then follow up with the same hiv aids specialist.