Stool Changes

Why is there small and narrow stool with acute cramps?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 49 years old and suffer from health anxiety. I know I am overthinking this, but I just wanted to get your opinion. My bowel movement is usually fine. About three days ago, I went to the toilet and had acute cramps for a few seconds and went a bit again. I assume it was just a spasm ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can understand your concern and reason for your worry. Yes, you are right; cancer can not develop overnight. Your stools look completely fine. There is no abnormal morphology (a form of stools), suggesting the possibility of cancer by itself alone. Some d...  Read Full »

Why do I poop immediately after eating?

Query: I am 20 yrs old and I have a problem that just after eating i need to go poop. This is happening since 6 months and am loosing weight also so can you tell me the treatment of this ?  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq Thank you for writing and I understand your concern. The report you have attached it’s from 6 months back and it’s normal. Ma’am such thing can happen due to irritable bowel syndrome and that is caused by infection so have to treat it accordingly. Can you please tell me ...  Read Full »

Is it normal for a child to have bowel movement every time they pass urine?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter of 10 years passes stool every time she urinates. This is happening the last two days. She is somewhat plumpy, otherwise healthy. Currently, she has a cold and cough but, not taking medication. Last week, she took Metacef for a chest congestion.  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bowel and bladder dysfunction are quite common during illness. There is nothing much to fear. Did she have any antibiotic in the recent past? Does she complain of any abdominal pain? Could you specify whether the stool consistency was watery or solid? I sugges...  Read Full »

How long should I continue my treatment for abdominal pain and gas?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 74-year-old male. My problem is pain in the lower left quadrant of the abdomen and sometimes it radiates to the right also. It is persisting for more than 67 years. All my problems are stated below: I have mild to severe pain in the lower left quadrant of the abdomen sometime...  Read Full »

Dr. Nitin Dongre

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) only. It is an autoimmune disorder whiuch means your defense mechanism is working against you. You have to continue your IBS medication for a longer period may be life long and try to adjust yourself with this fact. If you do n...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have gallstones without symptomatic test evidence?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I have had bad stomach issues since February. It started with yellow stool, and diarrhea when eating fatty foods. I have pain on and around my right rib cage and in the same spot in my back near my shoulder blade. I have done an HIDA scan and my EF was 68%....  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will definitely help you. As per your history and investigation report your diagnosis maybe some kind of hepatitis in which there is a yellow color of stool and urine without any evidence of any abnormalities in USG and CT scan. If USG (ultrasound) is normal and t...  Read Full »

I have IBS with moderate abdominal pain and white balls in stools. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a gastroenterology issue for over a month. I have a mild to moderate upper and lower abdominal pain on the left side. The pain also extended to my left leg. Also, I pass stool twice a day (diarrhea-like stool) with large white balls in it and I am facing weight loss. I took Tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you might be having IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and you might have developed small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), with IBS which can occur commonly. In SIBO you get fat malabsorption which can lead to white stools. Can you please tell me whether you ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for hard and soft stool with body pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My stool is hard first and then it becomes soft. Otherwise, it is soft always. I pass stool once daily like other people, also I have no pain in the stomach. But due to soft stools, my legs and other body parts are always in pain. When I get up early in the morning I feel very tired due ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ds Bakshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two important points that I find in your history are others in the family also have it but you have told only about the male members. What about female members of the family? Secondly, it improves with Flagyl or Imodium. So the possibilities are water-borne disease whi...  Read Full »

Why is there a fishy smell in feces smell after unprotected anal sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male that had unprotected anal sex. Two days after, my feces have a very light fish smell with mucus, Very light abdominal pain and light pain in both testicles (always had very light pain in my testicles but feeling it the second day after anal sex makes me a littl...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When was this exposure? Unprotected anal exposure carries a high risk of acquisition of HIV and other STIs. The symptoms could have various reasons. I suggest you get tested for HIV and other STIs (sexually transmitted infections). You can get fourth generation HIV ra...  Read Full »

Why am I suddenly having upset stomach with semi-solid stool and frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, Just two days back I suddenly experienced an upset stomach with just a semi-solid consistency of stool. However a day later, I found that I had the urge to pee more often than usual immediately after emptying my bladder. I am 40 years old and my last period was a month back. I am 5'3"...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes urine symptoms can happen whenever there is altered stool pattern. If there is any problem in stool passage, it may reflect as a burning sensation or frequency of urine as the nerve supply to both areas is same. In case there is no fever, and stomach is still up...  Read Full »

Is the change in stool consistency during pregnancy, a problem to worry?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old and now 36 weeks pregnant. I just noticed my stool appeared as a mixture of white and brown long particles. I never had white poop in such lengths. My scan reports were normal a month ago. Is there any problem to worry? Is there any threat to the baby? Should I visit th...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Passage of white or brown particles in stool does not harm baby and there is no need to be alarmed. You can visit a physician or gastroenterologist for a physical evaluation, to confirm the nature of the problem and take treatment if required. If there are no other stom...  Read Full »