Q. The stretch marks on my inner thighs hurt. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Chaitra Prakash and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Stretch Marks or Dermaroller Therapy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: The stretch marks on my inner thighs hurt.  Please help.

I have stretch marks on my inner thighs and buttocks area. When I sit for about 30 minutes, the stretch marks hurt (in the scale of 1-10, the pain is around 8). So, I have to stand up once in a while. More and more stretch marks appear when they hurt and they hurt too. It is very uncomfortable, and it already affects my work (programmer) where I have to sit all the time.

I have visited 4 dermatologists already, and one of them even said that stretch marks are not painful, maybe it is varicose veins. I already tried laser, derma roller, pain reliever, retin A, collagen cream and cocoa butter (but they did not work) as per doctors advise. This all started when I started gaining weight/muscle a few years ago. I already stopped going to the gym and all my supplements about a month ago, but the pain is still there.