Q. Why are there acne scars and acne pits on my cheeks with uneven skin tone?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

I have acne scars and acne pits on my cheeks as well as uneven skin tone. What should I do?

#

Acne scar treatment depends on the type of scar.

Boxcar scar is superficial one-time, can be improved with microdermabrasion combined with peel, derma roller, ice pick scar- small deep scars, improved with TCA CROSS procedure, rolling scar- needs subcision (minor surgical procedure), fractional carbon dioxide laser, hypertrophic scar-intralesional injection of Triamcinolone acetonide to flatten it, then any of the above mentioned treatment modality depending on the result obtained.

In your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see you have a few ice pick scars and boxcar scars. Boxcar scars can be improved with a few sessions of medium depth chemical peels. Meet your dermatologist and discuss these options, you can choose which suits you best according to downtime of each procedure, number of sessions, cost. For dark spots, Use Kojic acid cream, apply on top of dark spot at night. It helps to lighten the pigmentation. Use a good sunscreen with SPF 50 in the morning to prevent further darkening of spots.

|