Q. Why do stretch marks appear and how can I prevent it?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have stretch marks. Why these appear? And how it can be prevented. Please give me an idea of avoiding this disease.

#

Stretch marks may appear due to the rapid hormonal changes and growth associated with puberty, during pregnancy, or with medical diseases, such as Cushing syndrome. Stretch marks can have causes that are not due to underlying disease. Examples include pregnancy, weight gain in obesity, growth spurts in teenagers, medication side effects, or a rapid increase in muscle size through weightlifting. You can prevent the stretch marks by avoiding immediate changes in weight and by avoiding all the situations as told here to prevent marks.

|