Sumatriptan

Why do I have a sharp pain on right side of the head?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I started having intense, sharp, constant pain behind my right eye, right temple area and backside of the right side of my head. It started before three months for once a week for the first three weeks. Then, I started having the sharp pain the every other day. An...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms well. Actually, what you have is cluster headache only. Your symptom profile fits into the classic description of cluster headache. The relief with antibiotics was a mere coincidence. The pain of sinusitis has totally different pattern than ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from migraine, and my one side headache is increasing every day. Please advise.

Query: Thank you doctor,I have suffered from migraine, and my one side headache is more in every day. So please advise about migraine.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. For migraine, Ibuprofen can be prescribed SOS when a headache occurs. If no improvement with Brufen than Sumatriptan or Rizatriptan can be prescribed. Avoid bright light, loud noise exposure. Take atleast six to eight hours of sleep. Avoid fasting and take food b...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for severe headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing severe headaches. I have not slept in two days. I am having erratic thoughts, more so than usual which scares me a bit, to be honest. I feel like I am on the verge of a breakdown. I have had two psychotic breakdowns in the last two years. The headaches are getting worse....  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The nature of pain you described fits into the diagnosis of vascular headache. It merely occurs due to dilation of blood vessels in the scalp and inflammation of perivascular tissues. Although it causes significant discomfort, it is a very benign illness and has nothing...  Read Full »

I have a throbbing headache on the left side. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having a throbbing pressure pain on the left side of my head for three days now. It is between my upper ear and temple and going about an inch up my head.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any chord like swelling which is palpable in the temple? Is it associated with visual disturbances like block out and jaw pain, especially during chewing? If any of the above is yes, then you need to visit local ER (emergency room) to rule out giant cell arteriti...  Read Full »

What type of medicines can cure tension-like headaches?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female in good health. I used to get frequent tension-like headaches and migraines with aura when I was a teenager that went away over time. I recently started getting them again. The aura lasts 20 to 30 minutes with blurry vision, patchy spots in my vision, loss of...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better, I need a few more details. How long does your migraine headache persist? Does it happen multiple times in a day? Is there any photophobia or phonophobia? Any vomitings associated? How is your sleep? What gives you relief f...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take expired tablets for migraine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am taking medicines for migraine (Sumatriptan). My tablets have expired. Can I take them? Would they still be effective?  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When a medication says it is expired, it is not safe to take the drug. Its effectiveness will not be as desired. The properties and the actions of the drug will be reduced. So, you must avoid taking your expired medications.   Read Full »

I suffer from headaches, insomnia, depression and anxiety. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from headaches for the past 80 days. I smoked four cigarettes every night and two every day early in the morning for 30 days, and then I stopped it with nicotine gum. From the past 160 days, I am suffering from insomnia. Five days after I quit smoking, I started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Bupropion can worsen the headache. As of now, you can increase the dose of Amitriptyline, Propranolol, and Flunarizine after consulting your treating doctor. Meanwhile, you can use Naproxen or Sumatriptan fo...  Read Full »

My sister has a headache that does not subside with pain medications. Please help.

Query: Hello, My sister has headaches from the last six months. Earlier, it was random, but from the last two months, it is continuous. The MRI is normal and no medicines are working. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a migraine or tension type headache. Please revert with the following details: Are the headaches one-sided or on both sides?  Are the headaches pulsating in nature?  Is the frequency daily or intermittent?  Is it associated with nausea or vomiting? Reve...  Read Full »

My migraine has been getting worse of late. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female. I have always suffered from migraines. Recently, it seems like it has been getting worse. Last year, I gave birth to my son vaginally. Now, when I lay on my abdomen or even turn my head, I notice a heartbeat sound in my ear. My nurse practitioner thought it ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you feel like the throbbing or pulsating sensation in your ear becomes worse with the headaches or it is present even with no migraine? I would also like you to explain your headache in a bit of detail. What are the triggers? Are they one-sided or on both sides? Is ...  Read Full »

Is brain tumor causing my headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have suffered from sinus congestion in the past, but this time my headaches are different and the time is much longer. Normally, I get pain in my forehead and eyes. This time the pain is in my forehead, eyes, ears, and it feels like my neck is throbbing. It is like I am being held upsi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The description of your headache fits into migraine-type headaches. I need following details further to help you better: How many days in a week do you get these headaches? Do you have any vomitings or sensations associated? How is your sleep? Any visual issues? Any wei...  Read Full »