Sunburn Blisters

Why do I have an odd mark on my stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some odd mark in my stomach and it has changed its appearance in two weeks. My doctor does not know what it is. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your question and it would help me even more if you could furnish me additional data like signs and symptoms from genesis to the present state, any medicines taken and their effects. Please tell me what did the local doctor say and any other thing yo...  Read Full »

Does an elevated WBC always indicate leukemia?

Query: Hello doctor, I got blood work done and WBC was 14.8 and absolute neutrophils were 10.9. I was suffering from sun poisoning and a sinus infection. I also suffer from severe anxiety and panic disorder. I just want to know if this is an indication of leukemia.  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. An elevated WBC (white blood cell) count does not necessarily indicate leukemia. Even a mild infection can lead to the elevation of WBC count. Leukemia is a cancer of the blood cells. The most common symptoms are...  Read Full »

Does dry scaly red patches around mouth mean perioral dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a secondary burn on my calf, after a month of self-treating. It just got worse. I play soccer and that and the sweat is what was irritating it. So I finally went to the doctor and they prescribed me SMZ, TMP DS. I took it for about a week until I realized I was having a lot of s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Right now you have applied too much moisturizer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please apply Hydrocortisone cream two times a day for 10 days. If blisters or erosions are present then you may need oral steroid as well. So...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution for sunburn.

Query: Hi doctor,Someone suggested me to apply baking soda over the sunburn. So, I have applied baking soda on the face. The skin around my eyes is getting dark, wrinkles and has some pain also. Please suggest me some cream to get rid of this fast. Also, suggest me some medicine to get rid of sunburn.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and I have reviewed your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have developed irritant contact dermatitis to baking soda. You should wash your face with plain water only and avoid using soap till the reaction gets...  Read Full »

Why do I get rashes when I stay out in the sun for long?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Whenever I stay in the sun for a long time, my skin starts itching. Why is that?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most probably suffering from photoallergy. Whenever you go out, use a sunscreen with SPF 15 or more. Apply it 20 minutes before going out and then reapply every four hours if you stay in the sun for very long. Start taking oral chewable vitamin C tablets for a...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to consult a doctor for sunburn blisters?

Query: Hi doctor, Do I need to visit a doctor for small sunburn blisters?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better, I need to know a few more details. How many lesions do you have? Also, tell me their duration and size. Are the lesions itchy? In which part of the body is it present? If you could send a photo, it will be helpful. Revert back with ...  Read Full »