iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologysunburnI had a red blood-type spot on right side of my nose that resolved in a week. Could it be cancer?

What can be the cause for a red blood-type spot on right side of the nose that resolved in a week?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At June 19, 2022
Reviewed AtSeptember 13, 2023

Patient's Query

Last week I noticed a small, blood-type spot on the right side of my nose. It has not gone away in over a week. I am in the sun a lot but put a lot of sunscreen on my nose. I have had actinic keratosis on my nose in the past. Could it be cancerous?

I read your query and understand your concern. It is nothing serious. I have these suggestions for you. You can use 2 % Nadibact cream (Nadifloxacin) twice daily for ten days. You must use a photostable sunscreen daily at 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM for two months. You must avoid scratching and rubbing lesions. You must wash your face with Cetaphil cleanser (water, glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Pantolactone, Acrylates, Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid) twice daily for two months. Is the lesion painful or tender? Are you diabetic? Thank you.

Patient's Query

Thank you, doctor,

Do you have any idea what it is? It is not painful or tender. And I do not have diabetes.

I read your query and understand your concern. It is hemangioma which is a benign lesion. No treatment is needed if it is not painful or tender. I have the following suggestions for you. You must avoid popping, pricking, scratching, or rubbing the lesion. You must get routine blood workup done like complete blood count (CBC), platelet count, bleeding time, and clotting time (BT and CT) to rule out vascular disorders. For cosmetic concerns, CO2 laser (carbon dioxide laser) is the treatment of choice. Otherwise, no treatment is needed if it is not troublesome. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav
Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Venereology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

sunburnbump in nose

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy