Q. I am worried about the bump at the tip of my nose. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

About 7 to 8 weeks ago, I woke up and noticed a tiny, pin-sized bump at the tip of the nose. Initially, I thought that it might be some sort of underskin or stuck blackhead. When I squeezed it, nothing came out. I poked the top layer of skin gently, and a bit of blood squeezed out. So, I figured that it must be a little pool of blood. When it did not go away for a week and started to raise a bit, filling with fluid, I went in to see my esthetician, who cauterized it. It turned pink, went back to the original tiny purplish-black underskin dot and then started filling with fluid again. I went back to her, she applied a chemical peel, and it went away. Again it gave rise to a little blackish-purple under skin dot filled with fluid. It now looks a bit like a blister. It is tiny, but tender to touch,.I do not want to pop it because doing so has not helped. I made an appointment with a dermatologist, and I want him to be able to see this without prodding or poking. But, of course, I am incredibly worried and wondering if there is anything I can do.

#

• There is no need to worry. Do not touch and squeeze as it can lead to secondary bacterial infection.
  • You should visit your dermatologist so that it can be cauterized again.
  • I suggest you apply Fusidic acid 2% cream (Fucidin cream) twice a day till you get your appointment with the consent of your GP.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|