Suppository

What is the reason for prostate enlargement in males above 50 years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54-year-old male, good health, good shape, who just got my PSA back from my doctor last week. Initially, he said my prostate felt a bit enlarged on the left side, so he ordered the test. The tests came back at 1.29. So he said all good and normal. No need to follow up with him ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The prostate is a male gland function to liquify semen and nourish sperms usually it starts to enlarge after the age of 50 years. I may cause obstructive symptoms or may not. The shape is more important than size as some patients with big prostate of 200 gm do not have ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of constipation in children?

Query: Hi doctor, My child was constipated for the past four days. Our doctor gave enema and he passed his stools. Now, again, he is suffering from constipation. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Constipation is a common problem in children. It is usually temporary, which is relieved by medications given through the anus. It might persist for a few days and suppository can be used to pass stools, instead of enema. Please take care of dietary habits, which can tri...  Read Full »

Is there any medication to cure ulcerative proctitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I was diagnosed with proctitis stage of ulcerative colitis in January. Doctor prescribed Mesalamine suppositories and I was healed. It again started in May. Doctor prescribed me three Mesalamine suppositories a day but the bleeding still continues. Any advice on med...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine how upset you are about your disease. Thankfully it is limited to the rectum and not extensive to involve the left side of the colon. I am sure that your previous gastroenterologist had done biopsy of the rest of colon to exclude microscopic activity in...  Read Full »

Why is the fever not going down in a baby?

Query: Hi doctor,My 22 months old baby has a very high fever. It has been fluctuating from 38 to 40 degrees. I gave him Tylenol but it still did not come down after five hours. I put suppository. Last week he was diagnosed with an infection in the stomach and was prescribed Nortop antibiotic and then the i...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In view of such high-grade fever in such a small child, I would advise you to take the child to the nearest pediatrician in order to get the child physically evaluated and blood investigations like CBC, CRP (and others as per physical examination be done). Though the WB...  Read Full »

In frozen embryo procedure, are shots necessary or will suppositories do?

Query: Hello doctor, When doing a frozen embryo transfer cycle, is it absolutely necessary to use progesterone in oil shots or will the suppositories work the same?  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I am sure it is the painful pricks that is making you ask this query. It is the belief of the treating doctor, that a particular type of Progesterone is more effective. So, based on the doctor's experience, the different routes of Progesterone a...  Read Full »

I have some extra flesh near anal area which is painful. Is it cancer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32-year-old female. I had pain in anal area few days before. Then I had noticed some extra flesh near anal area which is strong enough. It is very painful, not all the time but often. At that time I usually had back pain and leg pain also. Can it indicate cancer? I am in confusio...  Read Full »

Dr. Elvis Nderitu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are experiencing is hemorrhoids probably grade one. These ones appear and disappear and mostly they occur as a result of trauma to the anal lining that could arise from having a hard stool also associated with constipation. First, ensure that you take a lot ...  Read Full »

There is a lump little bigger than a pea around my anus. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a very painful bowel movement three days ago. Today, I was feeling very sore around my anus and found a lump a little bigger than a pea. This looks like a large pimple. Please help as it hurts.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably you have piles which get a lump that protrudes from the anus. It has four grades. The first to the third is medical and the fourth is surgical. From your history, it is second or third but it needs a physical examination. Also, I would like ...  Read Full »

I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years.Please help.

Query: Hi, I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years. I have been taking Anusol suppositories inserted directly into my anus as it was advised by the doctor. But to my disappointment it keeps coming back. What option can you suggest to get it treated once for all?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaheen Zafar

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your hemorrhoids is persisting with the medical treatment then there are other options for its treatment. The other treatment options are: Rubber Band Ligation (RBL) - a small band which is applied to the base of the hemorrhoid mass cuts off the blood supply to the ma...  Read Full »