Q. I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years. Please help.

Dr. Shaheen Zafar
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 28, 2021

I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years. I have been taking Anusol suppositories inserted directly into my anus as it was advised by the doctor. But to my disappointment it keeps coming back. What option can you suggest to get it treated once for all?

#

If your hemorrhoids is persisting with the medical treatment then there are other options for its treatment.

The other treatment options are:

• Rubber Band Ligation (RBL) - a small band which is applied to the base of the hemorrhoid mass cuts off the blood supply to the mass. Thus the hemorrhoid mass shrivels and sheds off on its own.
  • Infrared photocoagulation (IRC therapy) - heat generated by the Infrared rays causes a scar tissue thereby cutting off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid mass and hence it gets destroyed.
  • Sclerotherapy - is a procedure used to treat blood vessel malformations like spider veins, varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
  • Surgical excision.

Consult a general surgeon online for further management -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|