HomeAnswersGeneral SurgeryhemorrhoidsI suffer from hemorrhoids for the past three years. Kindly help.

I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years.Please help.

I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years.Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 22, 2017
Reviewed AtMarch 7, 2023

Patient's Query


I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years. I have been taking Anusol suppositories inserted directly into my anus as it was advised by the doctor. But to my disappointment it keeps coming back. 
What option can you suggest to get it treated once for all?

Answered by Dr. Shaheen Zafar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

If your hemorrhoids is persisting with the medical treatment then there are other options for its treatment.

The other treatment options are:

  • Rubber Band Ligation (RBL) - a small band which is applied to the base of the hemorrhoid mass cuts off the blood supply to the mass. Thus the hemorrhoid mass shrivels and sheds off on its own.
    • Infrared photocoagulation (IRC therapy) - heat generated by the Infrared rays causes a scar tissue thereby cutting off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid mass and hence it gets destroyed.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Shaheen Zafar
Dr. Shaheen Zafar

General Practitioner

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Surgery

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy