Q. What can be done to reduce swelling of the eyelids?

Dr. Gargi Madhukar Apte

A week back, I had a swelling in one of my eyelids and thought it to be a stye. I applied a steroid cream; however, the swelling has not reduced but increased, and now the other eyelid has also started to swell. I am worried. Can you please prescribe some medications?

#

Steroid creams for stye will always make it worse. So, please stop immediately and take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic acid 125 mg) and a painkiller twice a day for three days. In addition, please do warm compressions over both the eyes daily in the morning and evening for one week. You will get cured within one week. So, do not worry, take care and follow my instructions.

Please follow up after two days.

|