Q. Is it normal to have rapid heartbeat in a Wolf Parkinson white syndrome patient?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Oct 14, 2018

I have wolf Parkinson white syndrome. I was admitted to a hospital last week and was discharged within one day. The doctor said that first, we can check through medicine, now sometimes I am feeling nervous and minute rapid heartbeat.

#

Wolf Parkinson white syndrome is caused by the presence of extra pathway of the heart electricity which causes parts of the heart to be excited before others and sometimes the connection between the normal pathway and the extra pathway cause what is called reentry cycle which causes an attack of tachycardia (rapid heart beats).

Treatment options include medical and ablation. Medical: Propafenone 150 mg tablet every eight hours (control heartbeats). In severe cases ablation using a catheter is required. Beta blockers like Metalor is not suitable as it blocks the normal pathway and enhances the extra abnormal pathway. I recommend that you follow up and send me your ECG and echocardiography report in order to identify the type and severity of the arrhythmia.

Would LAD lesion cause tachycardia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have tachycardia (resting heart rate 125 bpm) while just walking around the house and not doing much. My heart rate was about 160 bpm. I do get chest pains and tightness. I also have a 70% LAD lesion. My question is would the lesion be causing my tachycardia? Should I consult my cardiol...  Read Full »

Apart from Levodopa, what other treatment options are there for Parkinsons's?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel extreme fatigue in the morning. I have tremor and right leg tingling. I am experiencing brain fog, Parkinson like symptoms but I did not feel any improvement with Levodopa. My manganese levels are high. Please help.  Read Full »

I have spastic paraplegia.Will dopamine help me?

Query: Hello doctor, I have spastic paraplegia. Everything I have tried has not worked. I was told to try a medication called L-Dopa. Will this medication help me?  Read Full »