Parkinson's Disease

Is there any alternative to Syndopa for treating Parkinson's disease?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having parkinson disease for the past 8 years. She is taking Syndopa 275 mg 3/4 five times a day, but still she is not feeling good. Any alternative?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Based on what stage of her disease she is in, there are quite a few alternatives available for parkinsonism. The first line of management is obviously the one that the doctor has given to you, Syndopa (a combination of Levodopa and Carbidop...  Read Full »

Is occasional twitch in fingers and toes a sign of Parkinson's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 years old male. A couple of months ago, I was diagnosed with a bulging disc in C6 and C7. I had pain and weakness associated with such a problem, and after some treatment, the pain subsided. Since then, my left index finger developed a twitch. Always at rest and occasionall...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I watched your uploaded video and would explain that your symptoms are not suggestive of Parkinson's disease. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This kind of twitching is usually related to different causes like: 1. A pinched nerve, 2. Thyroid gland...  Read Full »

My symptoms threaten me of Parkinson's disease. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor,I was taking Fluoxetine and Escitalopram before two years for around nine months and slowly tapered them, and I stopped taking them. Recently I visited a neurologist for nerve pain and burning feet. The neurologist gave me Trigabantin and Nexito forte. For restless leg syndrome and burn...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tremors can be a part of EPS (extrapyramidal symptoms) due to medications which can not be predicted by any doctor beforehand, some medicine can manage them, and if the drug is causing it is removed, the tremors also subside. You should meet your psychiatrist and ha...  Read Full »

I read Depakote and Paroxetine can cause Parkinson's. How to stop them without withdrawal symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from OCD and doctor prescribed Depakote XR 500 mg and Paroxetine CR 25 mg, which I am taking for last eight years. I read that these medicines can cause drug-induced Parkinson's. Please advise how to stop taking these medicines without withdrawal symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think that those medications can induce Parkinson's. Antipsychotic drugs are more common to induce extrapyramidal symptoms like Parkinson's. Still, if you want to stop it, then you need to taper off over months gradually. It may lead to worsening your OCD.  Read Full »

Apart from Levodopa, what other treatment options are there for Parkinsons's?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel extreme fatigue in the morning. I have tremor and right leg tingling. I am experiencing brain fog, Parkinson like symptoms but I did not feel any improvement with Levodopa. My manganese levels are high. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you that do not worry as everything is going to be fine soon. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concerns.  Read Full »

Why is there rapid heartbeat in a Wolf Parkinson white syndrome patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have wolf Parkinson white syndrome. I was admitted to a hospital last week and was discharged within one day. The doctor said that first, we can check through medicine, now sometimes I am feeling nervous and minute rapid heartbeat.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wolf Parkinson white syndrome is caused by the presence of extra pathway of the heart electricity which causes parts of the heart to be excited before others and sometimes the connection between the normal pathway and the extra pathway cause what is called reentry cycle...  Read Full »

Why do I have perioral movements and hand tremors?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I am a known diabetic. I have been experiencing perioral movements and tremors in hand. I am on Seroquel for depression. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Family Physician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I understand your concern and need more information to suggest better. How long have you been on Seroquel (Quetiapine) medication? Did you experience hand tremors, involuntary movements of jaw, mouth, etc., before starting this drug? Does the severity of tremor decr...  Read Full »

Feeling shaky and hand tremors and unable to do simple tasks..

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I am a known diabetic. I have been experiencing perioral movements and tremors in hand. I am on Seroquel for depression. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I was seen in the hospital by a CDC doctor and was told I needed to see him a month after I got out of the hospital. I saw him and asked him what I had, and got no answer what so ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you that do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

After DBS, I am getting violent myoclonus attack. Is it due to Clonazepam?

Query: Hi doctor, After deep brain stimulation surgery for generalized dystonia 18 months ago, I have developed mild startle myoclonus a fortnight later and was prescribed 0.5 mg Clonazepam. Since being on Clonazepam, I developed mild anxiety and my myoclonus continued to worsen. Now, I have violent full...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Reading your complete details I understand your concern and pain. First of all I would say that Clonazepam does not increase anxiety. You might be having myoclonus following DBS as it is a known adverse effect of DBS (deep brain stimulation). ...  Read Full »