Q. Which is the best mouthguard for teeth grinding and how to treat underbite?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey
Published on Nov 26, 2018

What is the best mouth guard used for teeth grinding? What is the cheapest way available to treat underbite?

#

Teeth grinding affects dental health. It is a cause of attrition. If stress is the cause for grinding the teeth, then do regular exercise, yoga, and meditation. Avoid drinks that contain caffeine. Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking, if you have the habit. Take a sufficient amount of water. The best night guard is fabricated by the dentist, after taking an impression. Your dentist fits the mouth guard to protect your teeth from grinding during sleep. There are many methods available for the correction of an underbite, which is cheap and best. Please see your dentist.

I have started to get space between teeth after orthodontic treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had braces on my teeth when I was 15 years old. Now I am 24 and I can see a lot of gaps developing between my teeth. Should I put on braces again or is there any alternative option that I should choose?  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must not go for conventional orthodontic braces treatment for such gaps, instead, you should go for clear or invisible aligners orthodontic treatment for it. In it you do not have to get bracketing done but only an invisible tray will be given to wear that will clos...  Read Full

I have no feeling in my tongue after having wisdom teeth pulled. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 years old and had four wisdom teeth pulled. The procedure happened on 7th and my tongue is still numb. I have no feeling in my tongue now. Did the dentist maybe nick a nerve or something? Will I ever get the feeling back in my tongue? I am always biting my tongue at night and wh...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had all the wisdom teeth pulled out in one shot, then you should have been given a lot of numbing injections on all the four sides of the mouth. In that case, the injections given for the lower jaw numbness would be the major reason for your tongue numbness. Do n...  Read Full

Do You Grind Your Teeth at Night?

Article Overview: Most of the people who have teeth grinding habit will not accept the fact. This article gives a brief note on what are the bad effects of teeth grinding on the general and dental health. Read Article

Most people have the habit of clenching their teeth when in anger or during the peak of any emotional trauma. Imagine when this happens on a regular basis and during the night. Teeth grinding is medically called as bruxism. It is an involuntary action occurring especially at night. The primary reaso...  Read Article