Dental Correction

Are elastics compulsory to correct overbite?

Query: Hi doctor, I was informed by my dentist that I have a problem with my bite and I use elastics along with my braces. I feel it uncomfortable. I force my teeth to stay how they really are. I have no problem with my jaw and I am very unhappy about the way I look with elastics. My teeth do not fit toget...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are happy with your current bite, then you can definitely tell your dentist to keep your bite as it is and that you do not want elastics. He will modify his treatment plan accordingly and will stop when the teeth are stabilized properly. But, if there is some occlu...  Read Full »

My upper molar area is close to the sinus. Kindly give your opinion on my X-ray.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an X-ray. I like an ENT to give me their opinion. My dentist thinks that my upper molar area that is close to the sinus may have an issue based on how the x-ray looks.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There does appear to be a radiolucent shadow in that upper molar area. But we need to correlate the findings with your symptoms. What are your symptoms?  Read Full »

How can dental midline deviation be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, and I have an issue with my upper teeth. I lost the right canine tooth when I was young, which made my upper front teeth to move to the side. And my front two teeth are a little big. I consulted a local dentist, who said the solution is to take out one normal tooth, that...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without any clinical pictures, it is hard to comment on the situation. However, I will give you some basic facts. When a tooth is lost or removed on one side, the rest of the teeth tend to move in that space. Thus shifting the midline to one side. To correct this, there ...  Read Full »

Please explain the treatment options available for teeth grinding and underbite.

Query: Hi doctor, What is the best mouth guard used for teeth grinding? What is the cheapest way available to treat underbite?  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teeth grinding affects dental health. It is a cause of attrition. If stress is the cause for grinding the teeth, then do regular exercise, yoga, and meditation. Avoid drinks that contain caffeine. Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking, if you have the habit. Take a suffici...  Read Full »

Should I need to remove my lower left wisdom tooth after extracting upper left wisdom tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had cheek biting on the left side, and I removed my left upper wisdom tooth before three months. I have a white line and patch adjacent to the lower left wisdom tooth. I also have some white dots over the cheek. I had some sensitivity issue in the left lower wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have sensitivity on your wisdom tooth, you should re-evaluate the filling. However, if it is not severe and increasing in nature, please wait for sometime, and it can subside on its own. The presence of wisdom tooth will not interfere with the braces treatment. ...  Read Full »

My lower jaw sits a little backwards. Can this be corrected?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some problems with my dental structure. The one that I feel as a major issue is that my lower jaw sits a little backwards from where it should rest. It is resulting in giving me a double chin and makes me look awkward. Kindly suggest how this can be corrected. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to see a picture for finding a complete treatment plan. Some type of cases can be corrected by using braces or orthodontic treatment, but some require a surgical procedure to correct them. Revert back with the photos to a dentist online --> https:...  Read Full »

I started having lisping problem after I got dental veneers. Do the teeth need more adjusting?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got six porcelain veneers across my top front teeth, and now I have a lot of difficulty in my speech. I have a slurring sound while saying 's' and 't' in particular. I always had a bit of a lisp, but now it is so much worse that I am embarrassed to talk at all because I sound ...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have a lisping problem, then it can be due to the thick edges of the veneers, and also you need proper training to speak properly. It takes some time for the muscles of lips, cheeks, and tongue to coordinate with the veneers and adjust accordingly so that you ca...  Read Full »

Please explain the benefits of breathing through the nose than mouth.

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the benefits of breathing through the mouth and breathing through the nose. Is one better for the body than the other? Does it depend on activity that is, exercise?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nose is considered as the primary organ for breathing. It warms, cleans and humidifies the inspired air and cools and removes water from the expired. It also adds quality to the speech production. During exercise, the function of the nose is bypassed. It is important for ...  Read Full »