Q. TMJ problem has made it difficult for me to smile and open my jaw fully. Please help.

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava
I've been suffering from TMJ for a long time and I had left it untreated for long. Now the situation has gotten worse where it has become difficult for me to smile,open my jaw fully and also I feel extreme discomfort facially but I have consulted a dentist and he has blamed jaw clenching and improper alignment and for treatment he has asked me to use a night guard. This problem of TMJ has made me unhappy these past few days and I just wanted to know that will it get better now that I am getting treatment and also will I regain my happiness as I believe I'm a jolly person in general
# hey
thnqq for query
yes by using night guard u will surely get relief...
take some medication also
Rx
tab. Flexon - MR twice a day
tab. Neurobion forty once a day
and
do hot and cold fermentation also
( apply bearable hot pack (hand towel) on the affected side from outside of ur cheek tmj area for approx 1 min. then let the cheek get cool by natural air and agin apply the pack repeat the procedure for 15 min. )
u will surely be fine
and don't worry follow the proper treatment u will be fine soon n will regain ur happiness
thank u

| 

My eyes become reddish and watery when exposed to bright light. Is it due to contact lens?

Query: Hi doctor, I am wearing contact lenses of -2.5 on both eyes. Since last week, whenever I get exposed to bright light (both indoor and outdoor), my eyelids get closed, and it is hard to get it open for a while, which makes eyes more reddish and watery. I have not consulted any doctor, but I have been...  Read Full »

Vertigo and nausea with violent shaking coming from my shoulders. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30-year-old woman. I have been having rough episodes of vertigo and nausea along with violent shaking that seems to be coming from my shoulders. I have pins and needles all the way down to my legs. I went to the ER twice because my condition suddenly and abruptly worsened. The do...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes, eye strain and stinging due to constant computer use. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eye problems since the last three years due to heavy computer usage. The eyes feel dry, and sometimes there is burning. Reading strains my eyes. I take Omega 369 tablets when this problem occurs, and then I would be alright for 15 to 30 days. But, it would resurface af...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»