Q. TMJ problem has made it difficult for me to smile and open my jaw fully. Please help.

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 09, 2021

I am suffering from TMJ issues for a long time and I left untreated for a long time. Now my situation has got worse where I have difficulty in smiling. I am unable to open my jaw fully and I have extreme discomfort facially. I have consulted a dentist and he blamed my jaw clenching and improper alignment. He asked me to use a nightguard. This problem makes me worried and I want to get better. Kindly help me.

#

Yes, by using a nightguard, you will get some relief. You can take some medication also. You can take tablet Flexon MR (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone) twice a day and tablet Neurobion forte (multivitamin) once a day. Do hot and cold fermentation along with it. Apply bearable hot pack using a hand towel on the affected side from outside the cheek on the TMJ (temporomandibular joint) area for approximately one minute and leave your cheek to become cool by natural air and apply pack again. Do this procedure once in 15 minutes. You will become fine soon.

|