Tetanus Toxoid Vaccine

Can cat scratch be the reason for my dizziness and fatigue?

Query: Hi doctor,I am currently on sick leave from work because I feel very weak, tired, and I just wanted to take a rest. I have been scratched by a cat last week and had my antirabies shot and tetanus vaccine. I do not know if what I feel is connected to my vaccination, or is this only in my mind. What s...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Let me help you to my best, albeit remotely. I have noted that you already had your vaccination to protect you. So that is taken care of. There are multiple reasons why someone should feel tired and weak. Since how long have you been feelin...  Read Full »

Will tetanus vaccine help in preventing Covid-19?

Query: Hello doctor, Is there possible of tetanus vaccination as a prevention of Covid-19? I know that tetanus is caused by bactrim but Covid-19 is caused by Coronavirus.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must not use tetanus for Covid 19 (Coronavirus) prevention. However, you can wash your hand after touching anything which might be infected. It is advisable to stay inside the home or keep yourself isolate at least for three weeks. The vaccine is always prepared fr...  Read Full »

What are the chances of an epidermal prick while tattooing getting infected?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago I visited a tattoo shop. It is a small one and I think he will do only temporary ones. Suddenly, I got a hit on the backside of my right thumb. I stopped him as he did not change the needle. Little piercing was done till my epidermis of skin. I am scared. What should I do no...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Kshirsagar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are lot of medical issues which can occur from tattooing like HIV infection, tetanus, hepatitis B and C and allergic reactions. Nowadays tattooists reduced such risks by following universal precautions, working with single use items, and sterilizing their equip...  Read Full »

A dog scratch with no blood cause rabies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. While I was walking in road in possession, two dogs were behind me. When one dog tried to cross me and its front left leg touched my right foot toe. I saw nothing in my foot initially and it happened around 9 AM. At 10 AM, I washed it with soap and I saw a line ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik

Microbiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have written, I feel that you have a grade one scratch. Since no bleeding was there, you need not worry. Usually claws do not contain any virus, but cannot always be sure. I suggest you to get a prophylactic vaccination done for rabies. Usually, dose of...  Read Full »

I got dog bite and so I got a Rabipure vaccine and TT at the hip area. Do I require booster vaccination every year?

Query: Hello doctor, I got dog bite before 17 days, and the wounds are categorized as a category -II. Within an hour, I got a Rabipure vaccine and TT at the hip area. However, the next day morning, one more dose of Rabivax has been given in the shoulder and continued the schedule from the second day. My d...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is no problem in injecting two dosages within 24 hours. Usually, the first, two shots are given after one another. Apart from that Tetanus toxoid is must that you have taken. It is not the case that the vaccine is ineffective. This is the usual protocol th...  Read Full »

Is tetanus injection necessary despite DPT vaccine?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter aged 6 years got a cut and scratch in her body while playing in a new cementing wall from a piece of old and unused iron four days ago. Does she require any toxoid injection?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Since you are sure that the scratch is from an old iron piece, I think you should give tetanus injection to the child. I hope this will help you.  Read Full »

Do I need a rabies vaccine if a dog's leg touched my feet?

Query: Hi doctor, My query is related to the necessity of rabies vaccine for me. I am a 27 year old healthy male. I am a student, staying in the large campus of my institute. This campus is filled with stray dogs and many other types of animals. People caressing those dogs is a very common scene here. One...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your apprehension. As it is already one week since you had the dog touch your feet and there was no bleed or break of skin as such. No vaccination is required now. You should have thoroughly cleaned the region immediately after the dog had touched your leg....  Read Full »

Is tetanus shot required for a small scratch from a rusted wire?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 35 years old. She had a small scratch from a rusted wire on her right forearm, three hours back. There was no blood loss. And she did not wash it with running water or use Dettol or anything to wipe the area. Also, she had her last tetanus shot 5 years ago. Should we ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You should clean the wounded area with betadine solution. She has to be given a tetanus shot. In case if the wound is painful, give her a painkiller. Revert with the following details: Is it painful, if yes on a scale of 10 and 10 being the...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to give vaccination to my baby for a cat scratch?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 22 months old. Yesterday, a cat scratched his toe. But my child does not have a wound or blood there. Do I have to give vaccination to my baby?  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A cat has scratched your child, and it has not caused any barrier disruption or wound or bleeding. But still, it is advisable to clean the area with running water and soap. Apply some antiseptic in the area. Rabies is generally transmitted by animal saliva when it comes...  Read Full »

Should I get a tetanus vaccine for a cut on my finger?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cut my finger open on a bottle cap two days ago. I have tried keeping it covered with band-aids but they keep falling off when out for hours and a time. Today I am feeling very hot in the face and hands, would you advise getting a tetanus shot? I am a very anxious person and had a...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, certainly you should have tetanus booster shot as early as possible. Also, does wound appears infected, is there a large wound, any pus or redness, etc.? If yes, then needs antibiotics like capsule Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg three times a...  Read Full »