Q. Will rabies vaccination cause future health issues for my 9 year old son?

Dr. Lokesh

My 9 year old son was licked by a stray dog. I was not sure what happened, but I took him to the doctor and got him injected.

Would the injection cause him some future health issues?

#

No, the injection will not cause any issues in the future.

Rabies Vaccination Injection is given at the 0, 3, 7, 14, and 21 days of the bite, but consult your nearest doctor and get the vaccine from that doctor. This vaccine should be taken if there is a dog bite or if the dog licks the mucous membrane like nose, eyes, mouth, or wounded skin, or if the dog scratches you.

Wash the wound completely under running tap water with soap for 15 minutes. Watch and observe the dog for a period of 10 days for any unnatural behavior, activities, or death.

There are no dietary restrictions before or after rabies vaccine, vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food is allowed, but do not consume alcohol while under treatment.

Do not take any other vaccination other than tetanus during the treatment protocol.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|