Q. Will rabies vaccination cause future health issues for my 9 year old son?

Dr. Lokesh

My 9 year old son was licked by a stray dog. I was not sure what happened, but I took him to the doctor and got him injected.

Would the injection cause him some future health issues?

#

No, the injection will not cause any issues in the future.

Rabies Vaccination Injection is given at the 0, 3, 7, 14, and 21 days of the bite, but consult your nearest doctor and get the vaccine from that doctor. This vaccine should be taken if there is a dog bite or if the dog licks the mucous membrane like nose, eyes, mouth, or wounded skin, or if the dog scratches you.

Wash the wound completely under running tap water with soap for 15 minutes. Watch and observe the dog for a period of 10 days for any unnatural behavior, activities, or death.

There are no dietary restrictions before or after rabies vaccine, vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food is allowed, but do not consume alcohol while under treatment.

Do not take any other vaccination other than tetanus during the treatment protocol.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

Can rabies spread by sharing a drink?

Query: Hello doctor,My roommate was scratched very lightly by a stray cat the other day. Then a couple of days later, I shared a drink with her. Could I get rabies?  Read Full »

When I bite, both sides teeth do not come in contact at the same time. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, About 2.5 years ago I put extreme pressure on my back teeth by mistake, and they are now slightly pushed into my gums. Just a week ago, I noticed my upper right wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it were growing a bit crooked, so I decided to move them back myself gradually. I started get...  Read Full »

My front tooth is moving after a hard bite. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have bitten an olive pit accidentally, and now, one of my front teeth is moving. There is no pain, and I have a slight sensitivity to cold and hot foods. But now I cannot bite anything using my front teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a General Practitioner Now