Q. Do I need an injection for a dog bite?

Dr. Albana Greca

I am 18 years old. I was playing with my friend's dog yesterday. By mistake, the dog's teeth touched my hand, and a little drop of blood came out. Do I did need an injection?

#

If your friend has done a vaccination to the dog, then there is no problem. Keep the bitten site clean, wash with warm water and soap. Apply Oxygenated water and Betadine (Povidone Iodine) locally. You can take them over the counter, and there is no need for a prescription. As you are 18 years old, and if still, you are getting your scheduled vaccines, then there is no need for getting another Tetani injection.

|