Q. Though I brush twice, my mouth is stinking with yellow teeth. Why?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

My teeth always get yellow in color, after brushing for two times a day. Also, my mouth stinks.

#

There could be following reasons for yellowing of teeth.

There could be yellow or brown layers of tartar at gumline that needs to be taken out so that your actual enamel can be seen. For it, you need to get your scaling done from the dentist and then do brushing twice a day. Your teeth will not get yellow. Scaling (cleaning of teeth) should be done at dental clinic atleast once a year.

If your enamel is weaken then you should brush at mild force and once a day before sleeping. As excessive brushing wears off enamel (the white layer) of the tooth and exposes dentin (yellow layer) of the tooth. Start doing saline water mouthrinses two times a day after getting your scaling done. Then it will get you relieved from mouth stinking. For appropriate diagnosis please provide me a few pictures of your teeth so that I can suggest you need scaling or yellowness is due to harsh brushing or any other factor. Stay happy and blessed.

|