Q. How to cure throat pain?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is 23 years old. Since four days, she is suffering from throat pain. When she swallows food or drink it pains. The pain is more on the left side of her throat.

She is also having cough with mucus, which is white color. But, there is no rise in temperature.

She took Erythromycin for two days and after which the pain reduced. Again from yesterday evening the pain increased. Please help.

#

It seems that your wife is suffering from upper respiratory tract infection (URTI).

I would suggest you to take,

1. Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for five days.
  2. Tablet Combiflam (combination of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen) twice daily for five days.
  3. Vitamin B complex forte once daily for five days.

My advice is to do salt water gargling three to four times a day along with steam inhalation. Ask her to drink plenty of fluids and keep hydrated.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|