Q. I am experiencing throat pain that radiates to my ears. What should I do?

It has been 3 weeks that I am experiencing front neck pain. First 2 weeks it is just the right side that is painful and the pain is just manageable. On the third week (this week). The pain worsen that I have to take pain reliever. The entire front of my neck is painful and I can feel swollen lymp nodes already. The pain radiates to my ears and it is painful to swallow. I also experience dry cough only at night. I took paracetamol (neozep). Then the pain stops but recurs after 6 hours. In the last two days, my body temp increase. The highest is 37.6 celcius. But it will be lowered when I take paracetamol. I take paracetamol (tylenol) every 4 hours and consumed 5 tablets already. The pain subsides but still recurs. I try to compare what I am feeling with covid 19 symptoms. But I only scored 3 based on specified symptoms of DOH.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
# You need antibiotic.
Please take amoxicillin clavulanic acid 625mg thrice daily with meals for 5 days.

take chymoral forte tablet before meals thrice daily for 3 days

do hot fomentation and steam inhalation

take montelukast10 levocetrizine5 combination once daily in the evenings daily for 7 days

eat and drink lot of warm stuff

drink plenty of warm fluids.

continue Tylenol as you are doing now

when the antibiotic starts acting the infection, fever, pain, and swelling Wil subside.

do text us whenever you wsnt

| 
Thank you doc. Is it okay for me to continue breastfeeding my baby while I am taking the meds doc?

# yes you can continue breast feeding

avoid chymorral forte while breast feeding.

take other medicines for the duration I told you.

with montelukast levocetrizine your baby may have some sedation but that's ok

| 

Good evening doc. I would like to clarify. I will just take 2 medicines because chymoral forte is not advisable for breastfeeding mom? And chymoral forte is not available in any pharmacy here. Is there no replacement med doc in lieu of chymoral forte? Thank you so much..

# search amvilab proteolytic enzymes (trypsin and chymotrypsin)

the active ingredient is trypsin and chymotrypsin

take the first 2 medicines

if you can stop breastfeeding for 4 days, then take trypsin chymotrypsin for the first 2 days

| 
It’s really difficult to stop my baby from breastfeeding doc because my husband cannot really stop her from crying. She is 18 months old already. Is it alright if I will just breastfeed her hours after I took trypsin and chymotrypsin.. May I also know the dosage and when will it be taken doc.. thank you so much. I hope you won’t be irritated with my many queries..

#

get the trypsin chymotrypsin. don't start it for now. try other meds for few days, say 2 and then we shall review. buy the tablet I told you and take a picture and show me the dosages. I'll guide you.

| 

Why is there persistence of throat pain even after taking medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have a throat infection with pain in swallowing which increases at night. I took Enzoflam two tablets per day for three days, but the pain still persists. Please advise.  Read Full »

Why the ear pain increased after using prescribed ear drops?

Query: Hello doctor,A few months back, I had ear pain and according to the doctor, I had a fungal infection and got my ear cleansed and prescribed some drops for my ear to be used. As I used those ear drops my ear pain got increased and it turned into a very severe pain that I start feeling that some fluid...  Read Full »

I have enlarged lymph nodes in my neck from six months. Do I need a biopsy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am considering pursuing a second opinion about some palpable lymph nodes that have been present in my neck for approximately six months now. There is a total of eight of them, present on both sides of the neck. These are all cervical lymph nodes, with the exception of one, which is s...  Read Full »