Q. Is it safe to take Chymoral Forte once daily for three days in pregnancy?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Aug 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 13, 2019

Is it safe to take Chymoral Forte once daily for three days in pregnancy?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Chymorol forte (Trypsin-Chymotrypsin) does not have very much research data in pregnancy but it should be avoided in pregnancy as it could be fibrinolytic. It is an anti-inflammatory used to treat pain and inflammation and to have a speedy recovery.

It can give side effects as well as vomiting, stomach ache, eye bloating, eye swelling, nausea, allergic reactions, loss of appetite, etc.

In normal ladies without pregnancy, long-term use is not recommended.

In pregnancy, it is better to avoid actually as its side effects could be different in person to person.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, and have stomach pain for around a week (mostly after eating). The pain starts in epigastric regions, and then to lower abdomen. I started noticing changing stool color to more darker stool. There is no diarrhea or vomiting, no fever. I am taking Omeprazole fo...  Read Full »

Got a TT shot after a fall and having more muscle and body pain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. Three days back, I had a fall from my motorbike on the road. I had some superficial bruises on my right leg and muscle pain on the right side of my body. I took a tetanus shot from my physician. I had Paracetamol 500 mg twice a day for two days to get relief from body ...  Read Full »

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article