Q. Should I continue taking my regular thyroid medicines throughout pregnancy?

Dr. Vidya Muralidhar

Hello doctor,

I am a 24 year old female. I am six weeks pregnant. I currently weigh 66 kg. I have thyroid problems and am taking Thyroxine 100 mg daily. My current report is normal. Should I continue 100 mg and what precautions should I take for a safe pregnancy weight?

#

• Thyroid levels tend to vary in pregnancy and hence needs to be checked every three months.
  • If your thyroid level was checked soon after pregnancy you have to continue the same dose. And, after three months, you will have to check the levels again and your doctor will alter the dose for you.
  • If it has already been three months since your thyroid hormone was checked, you will need to get it checked again now and the dose will be altered, if needed.

Have a healthy pregnancy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|