Q. My thyroid medicine makes me sick. Should it be changed?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hypothyroidism or Levothyroxine? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been diagnosed hypothyroid. I am currently taking WP Thyroid. I have taken Armour and Nature-thyroid. They all make me sick to my stomach. I tried adding generic T3 and it made my symptoms worse, that is, hair loss, cold hands and feet, weight gain, fatigue, GERD, and constipation. Would a synthetic T4 and T3 be better for me such as Tirosint and Cytomel?