Q. How long will it take to recover from tibia fracture?

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 03, 2021

Hello doctor,

I am suffering from a tibia fracture. How long does it take to recover? When will I start walking again?

#

• Since you have only mentioned that you sustained a fracture in your tibia, it is actually difficult to tell regarding the healing time.
  • I would like to know the exact location of your fracture and management that is done in your case. I would also like to see your recent x-rays and doctor's prescriptions so that healing can be assessed. I can have a look at all the documents and let you know what will be the further course of management.
  • In any case, if a fracture is well reduced and immobilized properly, it should take anywhere between 8 to 12 weeks for it to unite and subsequently, you should be able to start putting weight and ambulating. But, everything depends upon how well the initial injury has been managed.

For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|