Q. Kindly tell the treatment for recurrent tinea infection.

I appear to have a tinea infection on my hands. I previously hand one two years ago and symptoms are the same, peeling between fingers, sore and itchy skin, some scaly patches. A doctor here advised Clotrimazole cream and 150 mg of Flucanozole every week for four weeks. That initially worked well and it was clearing up. Then I have had a sudden relapse. I have been using the cream three times a day for three weeks and the tablets for two weeks. Any ideas? I am also prone to eczema by the way.

#

Is there any burning? Any other area affected? Looking forward to your response in order to help you.

There is some burning, and quite sore and itchy. No other area affected.

#

Yes, it is tinea manuum. You can take capsule Sporanox 100 mg thrice daily 15 days, and Luliconazole cream twice daily along with Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily. Since it is a communicable disease so you have to protect yourself from acquiring it once it is completely cured. Avoid itching as through fingernails it can spread to other body parts.

|