Q. What causes tingling sensation in arm?

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Published on May 24, 2019 and last reviewed on: May 28, 2019

I have tingling left arm. Thumb and index finger are somewhat numb. Skin lesions infect arm. I was told that they are not shingles. Bone at base where skull and spine meet is stiff and sore. On no medication. Taking Ibuprofen for pain.

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgery Neurology
#

Tingling sensation in the left arm can be due to nerve compression in the neck or in the arm. You will need a thorough physical exam followed by electroneuromyography study of the arms and legs and if possible, MRI of the cervical spine. Meanwhile, do not lift heavy weight and bend forward.

Kindly advise the treatment for my wife's neck pain.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife had frozen shoulder last year and cured by exercise. She is 50 years old. Now, she has some burning type of pain in the side, back of the head, above the neck and also in the knee joint. She feel sleepless. She has her uterus removed for fibroid around five years back. Her height ...  Read Full »

I have a tingling sensation in my muscle. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few months, I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on a specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.  Read Full »

What causes tingling feeling when urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I suddenly feel a tingling sensation after urination and a slight prick sort of a thing. I visited a doctor for the same and had been diagnosed with a urine infection. I also have a constant urge to urinate. He gave a dose of antibiotics which I had to take for three da...  Read Full »