Q. What causes tingling sensation in arm?

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2019 and last reviewed on: May 28, 2019

I have tingling left arm. Thumb and index finger are somewhat numb. Skin lesions infect arm. I was told that they are not shingles. Bone at base where skull and spine meet is stiff and sore. On no medication. Taking Ibuprofen for pain.

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgery Neurology
#

Tingling sensation in the left arm can be due to nerve compression in the neck or in the arm. You will need a thorough physical exam followed by electroneuromyography study of the arms and legs and if possible, MRI of the cervical spine. Meanwhile, do not lift heavy weight and bend forward.

|