Q. When I start walking, the portion below the knee is numb. Why?

Dr. Lokesh

I am 44 years old. From the last one month, I have problems with my legs, especially my left leg, when I get out of my bed or chair and start walking, the portion below the knee is sleeping (numb), sometimes it happens in the right leg as well, but most of the time in my left leg. I want to know the reason behind it and how to solve this issue.

#

It can happen due to nerve compression in the spine or below that.

Also can be due to vitamin B12 and calcium deficiency.

So you need to get investigated properly, with vitamin testing and MRI scan. Regards, This is only a second opinion platform. This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report/ image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|