Q. When I start walking, the portion below the knee is numb. Why?

Dr. Lokesh

I am 44 years old. From the last one month, I have problems with my legs, especially my left leg, when I get out of my bed or chair and start walking, the portion below the knee is sleeping (numb), sometimes it happens in the right leg as well, but most of the time in my left leg. I want to know the reason behind it and how to solve this issue.

#

It can happen due to nerve compression in the spine or below that.

Also can be due to vitamin B12 and calcium deficiency.

So you need to get investigated properly, with vitamin testing and MRI scan. Regards, This is only a second opinion platform. This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report/ image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

Kindly explain the reports of tests taken for fever, cold, and weakness.

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my full body checkup report. Please review, analyze and suggest.  Read Full »

Why are there white patches on the cheeks of 9 month old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, White patches are found on the cheeks of 9 months old baby boy. And also, there are some white patches near the eyes. What is that?  Read Full »

Can chest pain result from vitamin B12 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have been diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency and I am taking medicines from last month. I have a slight pain in the left side of my chest and also below my chest. My ECG is normal.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now