HomeAnswersInternal Medicinetingling sensationI have pain and tingling sensation in the back and limbs. Kindly help.

What is the treatment for pain and tingling sensations in the back and limbs?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 17, 2024
Reviewed AtFebruary 17, 2024

Patient's Query

I am a 27-year-old male experiencing pain in the back and upper spinal region with a burning sensation. My frequency of urination has also been more frequent. I feel numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, and they get cold. I also feel sensations in my heart when I am tensed. I also feel pain near the kidney area. I go swimming for two hours daily, and after swimming I take a steam bath for 10 to 15 minutes. I used to masturbate for 15 years daily. I am also having constipation and am concerned about the symptoms not reducing despite taking Augmentin 625 mg for three days. Kindly help.

I can understand your concern.

The pain in the lower back and pelvis, hot flashes, frequent urination, numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, as well as feeling pressure can be caused by a variety of factors. Constipation can also be a common issue and can be caused by a variety of factors, including dietary factors, lack of exercise, or certain medical conditions.

I suggest you follow the below-mentioned instructions.

1. Get a complete blood count (CBC), a comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP), thyroid function tests, vitamin and mineral levels, and specific tests for autoimmune disorders or hormonal imbalances.
  2. Management of constipation:
    1. Increase fiber intake: Consuming more fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes can help add bulk to your stool and promote regular bowel movements.
    2. Stay hydrated: Drink an adequate amount of water throughout the day to keep your stool soft and easier to pass. Avoid excessive consumption of caffeinated or alcoholic beverages, as they can contribute to dehydration.
    3. Regular exercise: Engaging in physical activity, such as walking or jogging, can help stimulate bowel movements and relieve constipation.
    4. Over-the-counter laxatives: If dietary and lifestyle changes do not provide relief, you can consider over-the-counter laxatives. There are different types, including bulk-forming, osmotic, stimulant, and stool softeners.
    5. Management of tingling sensations:
      1. They can be caused by various factors, including nerve compression, vitamin deficiencies, poor circulation, or even anxiety. Treatment for tingling depends on the underlying cause.
      2. Further tests or investigations, such as nerve conduction studies, can help in diagnosing the cause of your tingling sensations. Once the cause is identified, treatment could involve addressing any underlying conditions, such as vitamin deficiencies, or managing nerve-related issues through medications or physical therapy.
      3. Kindly consult a specialist, take the medications with their consent, and get the investigations done as they may conduct a proper examination to determine the necessary tests.

I hope this information will help you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Andrews
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy