Q. Is it advisable to sleep with gauze in mouth after tooth extraction?

Answered by Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Tooth Extraction or Post-extraction Bleeding? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I got my number 32 extracted at 1:30 PM. It is now 12:40 AM. I am not bleeding a lot but it is still coming out. Any advice? I would like to sleep but would hate to swallow blood in my sleep thus making me sick. Can I sleep with gauze in mouth?