Q. I am bleeding, four hours after a tooth extraction. What to do?

Dr. Honey Arora
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 16, 2019

About four hours ago, I had a tooth removed. It has started to bleed again, and I rinsed my mouth with water. I read online that you should not do that. My gum is really hurting. Am I going to be fine?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• Slight bleeding from the site of extraction is normal within 24 hours of extraction. But if bleeding is severe, you should immediately consult a dentist or go to an emergency room.
  • As of now, you should bite on a sterile piece of gauze and apply gentle pressure, so that bleeding gets arrested.

Hope this information helps. Regards.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|