Q. What can be done for moblitiy and pain in tooth due to biting hard?

Answered by
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 07, 2018

Hello doctor,

For the past three days, I ate something solid and it hurt my front teeth and since that day they are hurting and moving. What should I do? I do not wanna lose them. If I go to the dentist, what will he do?



Welcome to

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. The loosing of your teeth can be because of biting on hard object or fruit. You need to restrict yourself from eating things that may loosen them more. If the loosing happen on its own it can be because of bone loss. Mostly the bone loss may be due to deep bite (malocclusion), that may need orthodontic treatment (braces).

If you can upload some pictures of your teeth in open as well as in closed position I will provide you with the better treatment options available for the dentist.

The Probable causes:

Deep bite or overbite, trauma.

Investigations to be done:

IOPAR (intraoral periapical radiograph) X-ray.

Differential diagnosis:

Grade 1 mobility.

Probable diagnosis:

Mobility because of bone loss.

Treatment plan:

Splint or orthodontic treatment.

Preventive measures:

Avoid hard foods.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Why am I having gum bleeding when hot or cold water hits my teeth?

The treatment for this is to get a professional cleaning (scaling) done by a dentist ... It can either go for root canal treatment or filling or removal or just scaling might be enough ...   Read full

What can be done for receding gums in an 18-year-old?

It is a very common dental condition and can be cured ... You can get scaling (professional cleaning of teeth) done by your dentist ...   Read full

Is my toothache during root canal treatment due to calcium hydroxide allergy?

.. gone through your question I can understand your concern. The pain may be because of post RCT infection or because of the accessory canal in the root that becomes sometimes difficult to manage. In case it in infection you need to take antibiotics...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dentist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.